Monday, August 24, 2009

For Today . . .

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...it is really nice outside. The sun is shining
I am thinking...I spend way too much time on the computer. It is just a waste of time. There are so many more fruitful things I could engaging my mind in.
I am thankful for...my life . . . although it has its set of trials and tribulations I know God uses them very purposefully in my life and the lives of those around me.
From the learning rooms...Ash is doing her schoolwork. Alec is having his quiet time. Hanna is finished (for now)
From the kitchen...toast for everyone this morning.
I am wearing...my running clothes. I just got back from a 12.5-mile run.
I am creating...nothing right now. I'm going to learn to knit soon, which I'm super excited about. I need to make some curtains for my family room and start making throw pillows for the master bedroom.
I am going...to spend less time on the computer and more time in the Word.
I am reading...a lot . . . "Systematic Theology," "The Mosaic of Christian Belief," "Loving the Lord Your God with all of Your Mind"
I am hoping...Jon will find a job in God's perfect timing according to God's perfect plan.
I am hearing...footsteps going up and down the stairs. My girls sweet little voices chattering away.
Around the house... laundry really needs catching up. I tried to do it this weekend when the kids were away, but Jon said no way, it could wait . . . I didn't argue with him:)
One of my favorite things...oh I have so many. . . my family, my parents, my home, good Godly friends.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Band practice, guitar, ballet, soccer, a cookout with some friends this weekend, a homeschool mom get together
Here is picture thought I am sharing...a picture of my sweet sister. I miss her like crazy (especially since I hardly talked to her last week. . . we normally talk 2 or 3 times a day). I wish she were back home.

3 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

I learned to knit about a year ago, and I've really enjoyed it - It's a fun thing to take and work on at doctor's appointments, carpool, or fiddle with in the evening while I'm talking to C or watching TV. You're going to love it.

Tiffani said...

Melissa's been on my mind this week a lot...

I love these posts! Can't wait for Friday night!!

Amber said...

I always love these types of posts, because I love peeking straight inside the windows of homes and hearts. FUN.

Really? You're going to learn to knit? That is almost as impressive as the 12.5 mile run.