If you clicked on this post all you'll get is just a bunch of rambling, but I'm trying to be a more consistent blogger . . . so here it goes. . . this is just daily life . . .and no "event" happening.
- Ash had some of her braces taken off today and reapplied. . . something about them needing to be higher. It is amazing how good my baby's teeth look! I'm so proud for her.
-I've noticed when everyone is doing their schoolwork quietly, Hanna seems to hum a good bit. Sweet little thing . . . she must always have a song in her heart. It's not the kind of humming where she is trying to be a nuisance . . .it's just plain sweet. Maybe that is why she's so easygoing and delightful.
-Alec is still a booger when it comes to school. He's always been the one to give me the most trouble. Sometimes that kid makes me wonder if I'm fit to be a mom at all. Good thing I have my girls. . . I don't know with Alec if it b/c he is a boy and I'm what some would refer to as a "girl" mom . .. you know if you identify better with your girls or boys. I've had several conversations with friends who have both boys and girls. . . and they can definitely identify identifying with either the boys or the girls better than the other. As I sit and type this Alec is ranting and raving about his Math. One good thing is that kid sure keeps me praying. He is been a hard kid since he was about 8. I always have high hopes that he'll get easier . . .so far, no dice. Who knows? Maybe there is such friction between he and I because maybe we're a lot alike . . . or not very much alike . . . I don't know. . . but one thing is for sure he drives me nuts. . . and I drive him nuts . . . that is the ONE thing he and I can agree on. I've threatened already once this year to put him in school. I feel he is so very difficult, yet when I sit back and observe him around other kids his age . .. . I notice he really is a good boy. I remember being that way growing up. I gave my mom such a hard time . .. yet around other people I was very pleasant and delightful. . . maybe that's the issue? I love him like crazy, but there are days when I have to really make myself like him. If that makes me a bad mom, then so be it . . . it is what it is.
-My girls are so very sweet though. . . . super encouragers the both of them are. I can see us all being the very best of friends when they are all grown up. Just about every time I get ready . . . you know . . . the hair, the makeup, the clothes, the works. . . either one of them or both of them will say, "You look pretty Mom." I guess they are just easier for me . . . so it makes me want to be around them and enjoy them more. . . and I do, I really enjoy my girls . . .
-Alec just had an explosive anger outburst. . . I told him no going to band practice . . . he stormed off to his room. . . . he's back now . . . being a smarty pants to Ash . . . The girls are sitting here at my desk. They just put the dog in the chair with me. Ash has her Math book and is compliantly doing what she's supposed to. Hanna is hugging on Cookie.
-Jon really wants a road bike. He's researched them to the hill. . . he walked in this morning from taking Ash to the orthodontist with a bike helmet on his head. . . cracked me up I tell you. He makes me laugh like crazy and makes this journey of parenthood much more bearable. He just got in from a bike ride/run (on his cheapo Walmart bike). His words to me as he walked up the steps, "Oh baby, that is going to take some getting used to." It's hard I'm telling you. I tried it a couple of weeks ago . . . haven't done it since.
- Here goes Alec . . . getting in trouble for his attitude with school . . . gotta go.
Happy Thursday.
8 comments:
Boys. I could be so wrong..but,I picture girls being so studious-sitting at their desks....my boys basically do jumping jacks and leg lifts while we do school. Different personalities too. Anyway, it's funny...you are becoming a more consistent blogger and I'm feeling like blogging less. We all go through seasons and cycles! Have a great day!
Love your blogging and your honesty. Understand those "days" in school. Beginning of last year Nate was not working or being focused and it was our pj day and I told him to get in the car pj's and all. We drove to the front of the school I opened my door and you would have thought he was going to die. Don't know what was having more of an effect...school...him in his pj's...or me in mine headed into sign him up.Things turned the corner after that. Still has his stubborn days but I can see this year how he is more focused. One thing that helped with him is responsibilities and his own set of chores that he finishes on his own. He likes to work independently and accomplish things on his own. The extra freedom has really let us see Nate. And we have learned he is the most gentle, loving, wise (his nickname is King Solomon) boy who can also be brought to anger cause he values his own opinion..lol. Just think boys/men they are a mystery to us even if we love them completely they still function from their own planet. I have learned when he is in a moment step back don't get caught up in it and really watch them...I find myself smiling (which if he catches me will upset him) but I can see so many characteristics of the man he will be one day fighting cause he is still stuck in a boys body. Love you and keeping you in my prayers.
I so appreciate your honesty. Starting this new homeschool adventure has me a little worried about my middle one. He tends to be very stubborn, and we butt heads. A LOT. But we're going to make it...I'm determined.
I'll be praying for you. And Alec.
I loved this rambling post! It had me cracking up. I have a lot of those same issues with my daughter that you have with Alec. It's hard! I'm praying things will get easier for both of you! We're starting our school year soon and I'm already stressing about it. We love it, but there are some days that sure aren't great. It was the same way when they were in school full time, though.
Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with Alec. Maybe he is just "at that age". I'll pray that it gets better for you.
Thanks for the comment on my blog about Avery. I can't picture Jon with kinky curly hair!
I am telling yo he was one of my best and favorite students in SS. Atleast he treats others w/ respect. I know what you mean though..I am finding myself really connecting w/ Lily-June and butting heads w/ Caleb.
Love ya, Candis (R.T.R Mom)
Alec sounds like my Amelia...only she's 5! Whatever you do, DON'T ask God for more patience! :)
I read this on Thursday and thought I commented and then came back tonight to see what others said and realized I didn't!
I can't imagine going through the rough spots...I will pray harder for you guys. Connor seems so compliant and easy-going I'm just holding my breath for those preteen/teen years. Enjoying it while I can.
I firmly believe that much of what you are experiencing is age, he's the only boy in your house, he's the oldest..many moving parts that are adding to an already difficult age. Is getting any alone/special time w/ Jon? I just know from Connor that I really have to be extra sensitive to all the girlyness around him and Alec has an extra girl to deal with than we do! :) I know they have friends that are boys but I think sometimes Connor just needs some time with one on one with his Dad and right now that's hard to come by.
Be encouraged, dear, because praise the Lord the teen years don't last forever and Aunt Gail says that's how you are able to let go of them for college ;)! God rejoices over both you and Alec w/ singing...hoping that you both find some reasons to rejoice and sing in each other this week! I love you both!
Post a Comment