Monday, July 20, 2009

Rambling Thoughts




  • Jon had an awful, awful toothache yesterday. After church I took him to the doc in a box. He was in so much pain and I felt so very helpless. I've never, ever seen him like this. He's not really a complainer, so I knew he was hurting bad . .. oh, bad. . . I tell you. He got a shot of Demerol and we got a prescription. Off to the dentist this morning.

  • I'm so excited about starting to get organized for homeschool this week. We start school in less than 2 weeks. I have a lot to plan for this year, as the kids aren't going to Homeschool School. But, nonetheless, I actually get to start teaching the fun subjects again.

  • Recently I was sitting in a classroom of about 30 people. I allowed my mind to daydream. . . and realized out of about 30 people, 5 people in there had red hair . . . now how cool is that!!!
  • Alec is going on his first overnight trip with the church, out of town, without me . . . and I'm both excited and nervous for him all at the same time. God is really showing me about the control issues I have in my life. I feel that I am breaking free from a lot of fear that sometimes paralyzes me.
  • I'm getting back to a regular workout schedule. The house is close to being finished . . .and my pants are getting way too tight . . . and I can't afford new clothes right now . . . 'cause of Big Time Budget 2009. Regular workout schedule for me means everyday.
  • The kids have gotten really, really lazy over the summer, so today, I'm getting Alec up and I'm going to make him start running with me. He doesn't like going to the pool anymore, so he's getting absolutely no exercise. Not that I'm hard core exercise because of its outward appearance benefits, but just plain simply makes you feel better. . . . and it's good for you.
  • I'm contemplating signing up to run another marathon that is in November. What in the heck is wrong with me?
  • I'm having a party this weekend with some ladies . . . it's called a 31 party . . . named after the Proverbs 31 woman. They sell aprons, cute bags, cute purses, stationary . . .things like that. I hope I have a good turnout.
  • I'm still loving my couponing. Although it is crazy that the one day for me to sleep in (Sunday) I still get up . . . at 5:00 a.m. . . . go ahead and get ready for church . . . leave the house to go to the grocery store and get the paper. I really love this time too. I get to see the sunrise. It is so very quiet. The roads aren't busy. It's great!! I usually get back home around 8:00, get everyone up and at 'em, eat breakfast, and get the fam ready for church.
  • Okay , that's enough for now. I really could go on and on and on . . . but I'm about to take a try at this workout called P90X. If you don't hear from me in several days, you'll know it killed me . . . and I'm in heaven with Jesus!!!

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

HA! It's NOT gonna kill you and if we're the owners am I liable???!!!

You may need to sign something first!!

Random/rambling thoughts are sometimes the best...glad Jon is better and praying for today...excited for Alec and you getting into a routine.

Let me know how P90X goes!!

really.truly said...

I love ramblings. I wish I could get up that early. The times that I have, I have gotten so much done!! School is coming up so fast-I need to get organized(and here I sit). The party sounds fun...and fun stuff to shop too! Okay, this comment is full of ramblings too..hope Jon's tooth feels better.

Carpool Queen said...

Let me know how the P90X works. I've ditched Jillian because she hurt my knees, and I'm at the gym now. Not everyday, but shooting for 4-5 days a week.