I got a phone call from my friend, Suzanne, who was at soccer camp watching our girls learn the ins and outs of the game. She overheard the following conversation as they were getting something to drink:
(Darla is drinking Gatorade)
Ashley: I have water to drink. Water helps flush toxics out of your system.
Darla: What's toxics?
Ash: You know, toxics, they are the bad things in your body. Drinking lots of water helps get rid of the toxics. The more you tee tee, the more toxics you get rid of.
Notice, Ash called them toxics and not toxins. Hee-hee. . . .
This conversation resulted as a conversation I had with her earlier. . .
Ash: Mom, why do we poop and tee tee?
Me: Well, Ash, our poop and tee tee takes the toxins out of our body. The more water you drink, the more you tee tee, and the more toxins come out. The same thing with food. When we eat things that are good for us, our body uses the vitamins and minerals it needs and then all the other stuff comes out through our poop.
Ash: What's toxins?
Me: Toxins are like poison in our body. It's bad stuff.
Ash: So, is our poop and tee tee just a bunch of toxins?
Me: Pretty much.
See . . . my girl learned something . . . and then she told somewhat what she learned . . . how wise and better off we all would be if we did this very same thing . . .
3 comments:
Too cute!
Way to go, Mom!
And even bigger way to go for posting this story!!! I love people who don't shy away from posts about bodily functions!!
That is so cute and funny!
I love how you and Tiff call it tee-tee. I had never heard that expression before! We call it pee pee here...LOL. Or tinkle, potty maybe? :)
Post a Comment