
It's July 10
th, so you know what that means . . .time for
Meredith's bloggy carnival.
When I took my
bloggy break the
fam and I headed off to one of our favorite places in the world. . . . St.
Simons Island. Here are 10 things we did at our home away from home.
1. Celebrated my sweet boy's 12
th birthday in Savannah . . . .
By eating at a house that actually boarded pirates . . . you know . . . back in the day . . .

Walking along the Savannah River . . . .

Seeing this carved out while walking the path along the Savannah River . . . Jon's name . . . and it's spelled correctly . . .

Walking down River Street . . . .

Going up these cool steps where Alec said he felt like the Three Musketeers. Hanna was afraid though.

2. Hanging out with our cousins . . . they actually live down in St.
Simons. We were so glad to be able to spend some time with them.

3. Going to Pier Village and seeing this
AMAZING sunset. Only God Himself could paint a picture that beautiful.


4. Going to Neptune Park and playing on the new playground and . . . of course. . . climbing the whale . . . .




5. Everyone knows one of the best parts of vacation is eating . . . Our 2 favorite places when we head to the beach are . . . .

The best HOT DOGS EVER!!!!
and . . . Barbara Jeans . . . the best bread and she-crab soup EVER. I could literally make a meal off the bread alone.

Everyone has to have ice cream when they go to the beach.

6. Going to
the doctor. Jon was
el sicko on vacation. So sick, in fact, that he wanted me to drive all the way to St.
Simons and back home. Now in almost 13 years of marriage I don't think I've ever driven to St.
Simons . . . I normally sleep. The
stinkin' doc told him he had the flu . . . and that they'd seen swine flu down there . . . whatever . . . if Jon was well enough to go to the beach I knew he
didn't' have the flu. That's the danger of being a medical
transcriptionist for 10+ years. You actually begin to think you're a doctor . . . D-A-N-G-E-R-O-U-S . . . I even have friends that will call me for medical advice. . . poor things, I think I've convinced them too that I'm a doctor -
hee!
hee!

7. Going to the beach. We had some fun times at the beach. The first day we took Cookie. I know I haven't blogged very much about Cookie . . .'cause dogs normally don't last 6 months in our house . . . I decided if he made it 6 months . . . then he's blog worthy. But this picture is so cute I couldn't resist. . .


8. Going to the awesome new pool at Neptune Park which included a cool kiddie slide area.

9. Being
absolutely lazy . . . probably the laziest I've been in a LONG time. It was GREAT!!! I went to bed at 10:00, woke up at 8:00 AM and then took a nap during the day. I read, watched the coverage on Michael Jackson and even watched the Jackson 5 movie almost 2 times the whole way through.
10.
Laughing at this dude . . . this is NOT proper attire . . . somebody needs to tell him . . .
**side note** I had to pretend I was taking a picture of my sister-in-law in order to get a good shot.
10 comments:
Sounds like a pretty great vacation to me. :) Thanks for sharing!
Thong man is cracking me up! You know he totally thinks he dead sexy! Someone told him he looked good in that, and boy were they crazy!
You made me nostalgic. My aunt used to live in Savannah, and we loved visiting her there!
LOVE the Sunset picture- that is great to catch a glimse of God's Grace on picture- He is so Good!!
DUDE....the Speedo Guy....somebody PLEASE get him a towel!!! lol
I was keeping a mental note of all the things I wanted to comment on and then you popped up with the last picture, and I lost all concentration. Because that is just PLAIN NASTY! But, I can just tell you how stinkin' proud I am of you for taking the picture. We are kindred spirits.
The CarpoolQueens would totally have stopped at the Wee-Nee Wagon. For we've never met a dog we didn't love.
I told Dr. P that you were in St.Simons the same week he was and you took a picture of him at the beach. I showed him this picture and he cracked up. Alec looked like he was having a great time at the pirate house and the girls look like they also had fun. Cookie is so cute. The sunset picture needs to be blown up and framed. It is beautiful. Love ya.,
Looks like such a fun time! I'm sorry Jon was sick though. And I'm SO sorry about the mess you came home to. Oh my goodness.
LOVED all your pics! That wee-nee one cracked me up as did the one of that man. You're right...not proper at all!
And happy birthday to Alec! What a handsome guy!
Oh, and one of our good friends here is from St. Simon's. She was just there...probably the same time you were!
I so want to go on vacation! My daughter is named Savannah, and so I've always wanted to visit Savannah - even more so now that I've seen your pics!
Your wily ways of getting that shot of the poorly-clothed man are awesome!
Looks like you had a fantastic time (other than your man being sick! that isn't fun!)
Your puppy is so cute!
Post a Comment