Friday, July 24, 2009

Just a little update on my random post

** It's been quite a week with Jon's painful tooth. First we headed to the dentist, and he gave us 2 options. After Jon searched and searched the Internet for the pros and cons of each option. (he also does this when making a big purchase . . . and I guess your teeth are a pretty big ticket item) he made an appointment . . . for Friday. After dealing with the tooth pain for 30 more minutes he then called back and got another appointment for the following day. No more tooth pain -YAY!!! He will have to go back though . . . but at least he's out of pain.

** As you can tell, I am alive. P90X did not kill me . . . I'd like to suggest it is because I am amazing athlete and my body can take absolutely anything that threatens pain . . . but I didn't do it. I gave the box back to its owner (which would be Tiffani's husband, Adam). After watching the intro, I decided it was not for me. Instead I'm thinking of training for another marathon? I'm totally nuts I tell you.

**On the marathon . . . . I'm trying to remind myself of the horrendous pain I went through. Honestly I think I secretly want to run it because I have a new friend . . . who actually runs . . . more than me. . . much more than me. I told her I needed her autograph. . . that's how impressed I am with her. She's running one in November and told me I should do it too. Y'all know what an approval addict I am . . . and I really want her to like me . . . sooo . . . . we'll see . . . .

**Big Time Budget 2009 would probably not approve of me running a marathon. . . as marathons cost money, and Dave Ramsey would tell me running a marathon does not meet one of the 3 basic needs. . . food, clothing, and shelter . . . it actually would increase the 3 basic needs . . . I'd have to eat more to fuel myself for running. I'd need a new outfit to run the marathon in. . . after all, doesn't everyone pay attention to what you're wearing? . . . shelter . . .we'd have to travel about 3 hours away . . . and after running 26.2 miles . . .I'd need a shower and a bed. With that being said. . . the marathon may be out.

**The real estate market stinks. . . . just in case any of you didn't know that. Jon has put off buying anymore houses for now. He's focusing on rentals. However, we need to conserve our cash also. He's looking, looking, looking for a steady job . . . especially this particular one . . . we're praying over it. I know God is faithful and will provide. When I allow myself to worry and be anxious and fret, and "what if" things . . . I remind myself of how God has been faithful to our family over and over again. He's more than proved Himself in this department . . . not that He has to . . . but I like to think its because He wants to. . . Bless Jon's heart, he has put out resume after resume, tweaked his resume, resent his resume. Sent out followup letters. He's put so much effort into it, and I am praying God blesses his efforts and blesses him with a job.

** When talking with my sister yesterday, she told me she had talked to my Grandmama. Grandmama told her my Papa just reads the letters she and I wrote him over and over and over again. It just warms my heart to imagine him sitting in his green chair reliving memories in his mind. I told him the other day that cancer can do a lot of things to us, but it can't take our memories.

** I have got to put the pedal to the metal and get organized for school. Maybe I'll start today . . . but first. . . I must go and fold the 12 loads of laundry calling my name downstairs.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

I am so happy about Jon's tooth being OUT!!!

Girl, I was SO into preparing YOU for your marathon last time, I'd gladly do it again! After all, my "nephew" was born! But, if you don't do it..I'll still support you, no matter what!

Great update!

really.truly said...

Lots of updating...and lots of decisions,huh?!

I hope everything goes well with Jon's tooth...and with his job search. I pray that he finds the perfect position and situation for you all!

I think your grandpa is just precious. And, happy running....marathon or no marathon!