The month of July is escaping me very quickly. Is it just me, or does summer feel like it has come and gone super quick this year? I've been so busy this week planning for our upcoming school year, that I've put blogging on the
back burner.
However, I couldn't let the month of July come and go without blogging about the very best thing about July.
This is the month that God graced me with the very special gift of being a mom. My first born made his way into this world 12 years ago in July. Oh. . . the things I've learned in 12 years . . . how much I myself have grown . . . and grown up.
Alec's actual birthday we were coming home from St.
Simons. We made a pit stop in Savannah and ate here . . . .

Yep, it was actually a real life pirate boarding house. It was super cool, and the food was super good.


We let Alec open up his gifts from us. He was so excited to get money and a dock station for his
Ipod. For some reason Ash led him to believe he was getting a cell phone . . . I have no earthly idea where she or he would get that from . . . why in the world
would he need a cell phone? He's with us all the time. None of his friends have a cell phone. . . . He didn't seem to be too badly disappointed though.



The gave him an awesome pirate b-day wish.

I wonder if the real pirates ever ate like this?

A few weeks later we threw him a party at our house. At age 12 themes are really out. So, since he is into guitars now, that is the kind of cake we had. He had his best buds over. They hung out. Then we had a treasure hunt. I just love planning these things. I went outside about 7:00 AM that morning and hid all the clues. I would just crack myself up all by myself trying to think of clever clues. . . . none of them were clever. . . that's what had me giggling like a school girl.

See Cookie (4 more months to go, and he gets a post of his own)? He was cracking me up chasing the kids as they'd run from clue to clue. . . . like he was just as much apart of the treasure hunt as they were.


Alec and his best buds. . .


I was so
very excited for him. He's been saving up for this electric guitar. With his birthday money he had enough to buy it. After the party Jon took Alec and his friend to go and buy it. I was also especially glad that he didn't want to buy a video game system with his $$$. Our
Xbox 360 is fried. The other
Xbox cord is chewed to pieces by our old English Bulldog. So he has had not had video games in quite a while now. .. which suits me just fine!!!!

As a matter of fact . . . back to the video games . . . I have noticed his temper has been so much better . . . . maybe, just maybe . . . it is because he's not filling his head with the crud that
these video games have in them. That's just this mom's opinion though.
4 comments:
It looks like he had so much fun! My kids want a guitar. I think I need a bigger house to escape the noise (or maybe I should just kick them out to the garage...they can start working on their band sound, hit it big, and support me in my old age).
That looks like an amazingly fun restaurant. My boys would LOVE it! I hope Alec enjoyed his birthday celebration(s)!
I love the Pirate's House!! What a great place for a birthday celebration!
I am so sad that Noah missed out on the birthday party fun. Maybe next year. And, congratulations on the video games not being so important to him anymore. Can you send some of that my way??
I still can't get over the fact that he's 12 either...
I know you're proud and I'm so happy that we were able to be with y'all to help celebrate...
Post a Comment