Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bangy Babes

Bangs . . . Bangs . . . and more Bangs. . .



Not only do girls all have to go to the bathroom together. . . but we, as girls, typically do LOTs of stuff together.


You know how it goes . . . your friend starts decorating or redecorating and her enthusiasm inspires you to do it too . . . you hop on her bandwagon . . . then you tell another friend what you're doing . . . this inspires her . . . so now you and 2 or 3 of your friends are all doing the same thing . . . whether it be sewing, scrapbooking, reading, experimenting with new recipes. . . whatever . . . we just do things in clones.



I think this is something we girls are born with.



Know how I know?



'Cause my girls are the same way . . . and they even allowed the ol' Mom to join in the fun.



A little over a week ago the my girls and I head to get our hair cut . . . off to Ms. Natalie's we went. . .

Ash was the MOST excited about getting bangs. . . she told everyone she was getting them. Ash was the first one get to us started on this 'getting bangs kick'.


We all decided to take the plunge . . .



And get bangs baby!!! Even Hanna wanted them . . . but I DIDN'T want her to have them . . . I was really unsure how they'd look with her pretty locks of curls. . .



I didn't give her the go ahead until she was had finished getting her hair washed and she and Ms. Natalie are going to the hair chair . . . I said, "Hey Han, wanna get some bangs too?" She'd already told me she wanted them, I just never responded. She shook her sweet little shy head yes. I gave Natalie the go ahead. . . told her I trusted her and all to work her hair cutting magic. I just couldn't leave little Hanna Boo out of the fun . . .I'm so glad I didn't.



Meanwhile . . . Hanna's getting bangs . . . and I'm trying to catch a few Zzzz . . .



I loved them. I felt they made me look younger. I've been seeing Natalie for almost 8 years now. My MIL was helping her decorate her new salon and I decided to give her a try. I knew her sister and I really wanted to try her out . . . to encourage her and all. . . with her being so young and opening up her own salon . . .


I'm sure glad I did. . . 'cause not only do I have a GREAT hair stylist, but a GREAT friend also. She's seen me go through a miscarriage, a pregnancy, training for a marathon, getting my real estate license, moving twice, a sick FIL (she's the one I talked about that left her shop open late to cut his hair. . . our Truvy (from Steel Magnolias) is what I call her) . . . all while giving me the latest and cutest hair styles!!

8 comments:

We are the Smith Family said...

just beautiful!

Farming On Faith said...

Oh hoe cute. I love the bangs. We all need a Truvy~

Julie said...

You are right about girls doing things in clones! I'm glad I have a baby girl to clone me too! Your bangs look great...just wish I could see them in person. Tell Ash and Hanna we said Hi!

Carpool Queen said...

I've had bangs since I was 8, but for the first time, I'm letting them grow longer and will be trying the bangless look.

My forehead has a LOT of real estate.

This may be a short-lived project.

really.truly said...

The bangs look great! Don't you love that fresh from the salon feeling. Ahhh, I need me some salon freshness :)

Oh, to have a Truvy-she sounds like a gem!

Amber said...

Love the bangs, girl.

You are looking hot to trot.

And your babies are so precious with theirs, too!!

My hairstylist that I'd been to for years recently moved, and I was devastated. Not so much about the hair thing, but because I was losing a friend that knew a whole lot of secrets. (Isn't it amazing what all we share with the ladies that cut our hair?!) I have a new stylist now and adore her!

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

I love the bangs! They look great on all of you! What a great blessing to have such a great hair stylist!

Rayna said...

I love yall's bangs. It makes Ashley and Hanna look older and it makes you look younger. Set me up one weekend or a Friday afternoon with your hairdresser. I am tired of my hair looking like a helmet. I love you. Mama