Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend in Review

This past weekend my kids vacationed over at Nanna and Papa's house. I call it a vacation because they get to do whatever they want and the bug the stew out of me on the day they are supposed to go. After about the 20th time of hearing, "When are we going to meet Nanna?" I called my mom at work and demanded to know WHEN she was going to get off work because my kids were aggravating the fool out of me *wink* *wink*.

I met mom Friday evening and then came home to get ready to show my house. I've mentioned a few times our house is on the market, and we are in the process of buying another home. It really deserves a post of its own, but truth-be-known, I'm really just afraid we are not going to close on the house. Just being a little Negative Nellie I guess. . . I think it's because I want it so badly. Anyhoo, we put our house up for rent and I showed it Friday night to one girl, and I spent Saturday morning showing it to 4 other couples.

After everyone had gone Jon and I ate at our favorite pizza place here in town, then we went to pick out light fixtures for the new house. We didn't buy anything yet though. We came home, watched a movie, and then went to O'Charley's for dinner. We then went to his parents house to check up on them.

Sunday morning we woke up and I had to do my long run before we left to go to my mom's for lunch. Jon said he'd run 3 miles with me. It was cold, cold, cold, so we bundled up good.


Jon ran 9 of my 11miles with me. The last 2 Beth Moore ran with me . . . she just doesn't know it. I was listening to one of my Daniel study sessions. I got home, got ready, and headed off to my hometown to my parents house. Jon is my very favorite running partner. I love sharing life with him!

Mom, as always, fixed a wonderful lunch. We brought Max with us, and it really grosses my Mom out that the girls will let Max kiss them. We had so much fun with the girls getting kissed by Max then they'd go and kiss Mama.





After a little while we went riding around on the golf cart with the trails they'd created. Papa and Alec worked hard all weekend clearing a new trail. It was a great weekend had by all!

There truly is no place like home!!!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a great weekend with the kids also. I always thought I was a strong willed person but I think Ashley had got me beat. She is the most strong willed 8 year old I know. She also has a servant's heart. She is so precious.
Hanna LOVES to eat every few minutes. I don't know who loves to eat more, her or me. She is precious and I love to spoil them. I love those kisses although they are filled with Max's slobber. YUCK.
Alec loves to be with Papa. He enjoys doing the "boy things" no matter how cold it is outside. He also likes to earn money. I thinks he feels like he is grown because Papa lets him use the machete and the hatchet. These children are so precious to me and I am so thankful you share your children with me.
Love ya,
Mama

Tiffani said...

We seriously have got to go one weekend to visit them with you guys (for the day or something...Nanna can cook us something and if we get tired I can take a nap of the jacknife sofa in the camper!)

Looks like fun was had by all!

I am REALLY trying to convince Adam to run with me but so far he's not taking the bait!

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

What a great weekend! 11 miles??? You rock!!! How far are your normal runs?

really.truly said...

What fun, for everyone.

I love the sweet words that your mom commented about the weekend....How sweet was that!

I dream of having a great grandparent situation like that for my boys. What a blessing....again, for everyone :)

Ummmmm, do tell about the house stuff!! I'm like you-don't like talking about it until the papers are signed. I pray that all goes as you hope!

really.truly said...

What fun, for everyone.

I love the sweet words that your mom commented about the weekend....How sweet was that!

I dream of having a great grandparent situation like that for my boys. What a blessing....again, for everyone :)

Ummmmm, do tell about the house stuff!! I'm like you-don't like talking about it until the papers are signed. I pray that all goes as you hope!