Monday, February 2, 2009

Tagged . . . .You're it



I've been tagged by my bloggy friend, Bella.



Here are the rules:


1. Go to the the 4th folder where you keep your pictures on your computer.


2. Post the 4th picture in the folder.

3. Explain the photo.

4. Tag 4 fellow bloggers to join in the fun!



Okay . . . this picture. Unfortunately I feel it is pretty boring. My husband flips houses for a living. Yes, just like the flipping shows you see on TV. This is one of the houses he has flipped and, Praise the Lord, he has sold. I am his real estate agent. This is one of the pictures I took to put on the MLS.



Since I feel this is a boring picture, I'll dispel some of the "myths" about flipping and add some extra truth:


  • It is not as glamorous as TV makes it looks. It is very hard work and very, very stressful. Around here people go around stealing the air conditioning units of vacant houses, so just about every home we buy we ALWAYS have to put a new unit in. . . it stinks b/c that sucks up about $4000 worth of potential profit.

  • The profits are NEVER as good as what TV makes them out to be. What they don't include on the TV shows are taxes, insurances, carrying costs, agents fees, taxes you have to pay on the money. Even though I am a real estate agent I still have to pay my broker, and almost always there is another agent involved. Therefore, they have to be paid too. The money is good, just not as good as television makes it out to be.

  • I happen to be the maid for most of our houses. At times I've really hated this b/c some of the houses are just plain nasty. But, this gives me the opportunity to pray for the family who lost their home to foreclosure. I pray for God to bless them. I pray for their salvation. I also pray for God to send new buyers and for God to bless them and for their salvation also.

  • It really stinks when you get tired of the same paint color you use and then you change it. . . only to find that you hate the new color and decide to go back to the old color.

  • We are better buyers than sellers. We tend to give in a bit much to the buyers. . . . desperate real estate markets call for desperate measures which sucks into profit.

  • I pray the market picks up soon. God has been very faithful to us and our business though. Times are tough, but they certainly could be much, much tougher.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.


Okay, as far as me tagging 4 people, I'm going to bend the rules a bit. I tag anyone who has read this. Leave me a comment though and let me know you are going to do it, so I'm sure to pop over and check out your picture.

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

how did this post get by me w/o a comment?!

I was gonna do this one too...but my pic was REALLY boring..yours still turned into a fun and informative post!!

really.truly said...

I think "flipping" would be so neat(my mom is a realtor)but, I totally can see how it can be a lot of work too! I think it's so great how you guys can work as a team doing it.
BTW-Thanks for your comment on my homeschool thoughts!! I loved your encouragement and knowing that someone else understands,made me smile:)

really.truly said...

Ok....NOW, thank you for your homeschool thoughts-LOL. Did you see what I did?! I "flipped" you and Tiff. Sorry. You both are awesome!!

Sorry, If I made you go.."what's she talkin' about":)