Jon was not very happy with me and the girls this weekend. The house was a bit of a mess which normally doesn't bother him. But our house is on the market, so it is important it stay clean. He went through the house cleaning (which I do the majority of and the stressing out of). I couldn't help but get tickled at him being so grumpy about cleaning. In fact, I was in the bedroom giggling as softly as I could so he couldn't hear me. I was thinking, "At least I'm not the only one who gets grump when I clean house."
The girls very rarely see this side of Jon and were somewhat in shock. We got in the car (the girls and I) to head to Jon's parents house. Ashley was ranting and raving about how grumpy her daddy was.
Hanna: "Mom, are you and Daddy going to get a divorce."
Me: "No Baby. Just because Daddy and I disagree or get into an argument doesn't mean we don't love one another. We really aren't fighting. Daddy is just aggravated with Mommy. I'm not upset with him though. No, Hanna, we are not getting a divorce."
Hanna: "Well, if y'all do, I'm goin' live with you because Daddy is being mean."
After Jon was in a better mood, I told him about this. We both just laughed!! Art Linkletter was right when he said, "Kids say the darndest things."
1 comment:
My kids hate it when J and I argue. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen, and they can't stand it!
Post a Comment