Monday, February 9, 2009

Memorization Monday

Here is a good time for some honesty. . . I didn't memorize my verses from last week. I got about as far as "wanton creature." Every time I got this far I started thinking about Chinese food, which grosses me out! Honestly I didn't make a whole huge effort. So, I am just going to use that one again for this week's verse. Here we go . . .


8 "Now then, listen, you wanton creature, lounging in your security and saying to yourself, 'I am, and there is none besides me. I will never be a widow or suffer the loss of children.'

9 Both of these will overtake you in a moment, on a single day: loss of children and widowhood. They will come upon you in full measure, in spite of your many sorceries and all your potent spells.

10 You have trusted in your wickedness and have said, 'No one sees me.' Your wisdom and knowledge mislead you when you say to yourself, 'I am, and there is none besides me.' Isaiah 47:8-10

Gotta go Memorize!!!

1 comment:

Mama Bee said...

I need to get serious about memorizing some scripture myself... I have this really bad tendency to memorize the verse and totally forget the "address"... but I'm working on it!