Our dog, Max, loves to lay on his back and us rub his tummy. With the floppy jaws of an English bulldog his mouth will look like roast beef when he is upside down on his back. One day after we first got him, as Jon was rubbing his tummy, he said, "Let me see that roast beef." It just kind-of stuck with our family and so this is what we say when we rub his belly.
One day as Hanna was rubbing his belly she saw his boy parts. She told Jon, "Daddy, Max has peas, carrots, and roast beef." I'll let you guys use your imagination and decide which part is the peas and what part is the carrot. This is another one of those things that have just 'stuck' . . . Max has peas, carrots, and roast beef.
Yesterday we took him to get neutered. The day before Max was to go to the vet the kids had lots of questions about him getting neutered. I started explaining to them how it takes a male and a female to have a baby. A male has sperm and a female has eggs. A sperm has to fertilize an egg in order for a baby to be formed, and the vet was going to make it to where Max couldn't participate in having babies. . . . blah, blah, blah.
Yesterday morning, as we were hurrying to get out of the house to take him to the vet, the following conversation took place.
Alec: "Mom, are they going to cut Max's peas off?"
Me: "No, baby. They are going to leave his peas and his carrots. They are just going to kill the sperm."
Ash: "Yeah, Alec. They are just going to make it where he can't be a fertilizer."
**Shows you what I know . . . I've had a terrible "blonde" moment (I don't have a hint of blonde in my hair but I DO think like one) . . . . I just assumed neutering was like a vasectomy. After talking to my mom yesterday she informed me that "Yes, they do remove the peas." Oops! Better go tell the kids:)
7 comments:
Hey hun! Hehehehe! ;) Great post!
Did you sign up for my PJ giveaway yet? hmm? hmm? ;)
If not, please feel free to do so! :)
http://coupon-queen.blogspot.com/2009/02/karen-neuburger-cardigan-pj-giveaway.html
So how is Max doing today? I can't imagine he feels all that great.
HOLY MOLY....I cannot stop laughing and am having to stop myself from calling right this instant!!!!
This is the funniest thing I have EVER read....that's all I can say!!
I love that you shared this! You are so funny.
Now you know I will never look at roast beef, peas and carrots the same again!!
Years ago I watched Dr. Dennard (the family vet) cut out our dog Poncho's peas. This left an empty place where the peas would go. The vet put the peas into a stainless steel container.
I love our family vet. He allowed me to watch him perform a C-Section on a dog that had 13 puppies. I also watched him do a hysterectomy on our dog Sasha.
Love ya,Mama P.S. Happy Valentine's Day to you all
P.S
My sweet Hanna has such a funny and precious personality. I can't wait to see her and Alec and Ashley (and Max)this week end. The week end can't get here fast enough. Love ya, Mama
You are so funny!
IS Max on the mend now...poor guy!
Post a Comment