Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I JUST HAVE TO VENT

Two posts in one day . . . yeah. . . I just have to take a moment and vent. I'm having one of those days when I am just plain exhausted. So many irons in the fire and I just can't keep up, no matter how hard I'm trying.

Work is on my case . . . I'm making mistakes like crazy. Homeschooling is behind this week, 1/2 marathon training is behind also. I should have run 4 miles yesterday and didn't get to it. I tend to be a stress eater, so my jeans are too tight. Trying to balance it all, all by myself is very hard. Jon is working a lot lately. Praise the Lord for that. But I am practically a single mom and have been for the last 3 weeks. He leaves at 5:30 AM and isn't home until 8:00, which is the time we try and get the kids in bed.

I'm trying so hard to be upbeat and peppy, but between balancing ballet, basketball, soccer, and swim (which is 30 minutes away), ballroom dancing lessons, train for a 1/2 marathon that is 2 weeks away and my longest run has only been 9 miles, being behind on homeschooling, trying to be an attentive mom to my children, I feel like SCREAMING!!!!

Oh yeah, the dog chews on every. single. thing he sees. My house is a wreck. Church is tonight, and church in itself is a WHOLE other issue. Honestly I don't want to even darken the doors right now. There is ALWAYS something going on and sometimes I just get to a point where I am fed up and I want to go to a big church where I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. But I sure do love Jesus and I want to be obedient to Him. If it were not for the smiling, sweet faces of the children Tiff and I teach on Wednesday, I'd just stay home tonight.

One more thing . . . our house is on the market, the stress of renting/leasing/selling it while we are trying to purchase another house. The lender needs all of this paperwork and I feel like a complete idiot because I don't even know where to find what she needs or what it looks like. Jon handles all of this stuff. I had to confess my ignorance to her yesterday. I really felt small AND stupid. The worries of being a real estate agent and knowing that you can get to the closing table and not close on the house of your dreams. UGGHH!!!

Thanks for hearing me vent. Sorry if I've been a "Debbie Downer" or "Grumpy Gracey" today. . . but unfortunately these days do come . . . and . . . Praise God . . . they do GO!!!

8 comments:

really.truly said...

Vent away!!! Sometimes you just need to let. it. out.

You have a ton going on. As you know, selling and buying a house is so stressful. I bet even more so when YOU are the realtor involved.

I get the same way when my hubby is working late. And juggling many things is not my specialty. Can you take the day off from school?? Or do the bare minimum today...maybe for the rest of the week?

And the church thing....I soooo know what you mean! On the positive side....how fun that you and Tiff get to teach the class together.

Scream girl, I totally understand!!

** picture yourself in that dream house sipping on a sweet tea!

Tiffani said...

Aw, my sweet sweet sister~first of all, you deserve a vent...100% (that rhymed!) and to get it all out...

Wow, you are completely overloaded girl.

I am praying right now at this very moment that you'll feel a peace and relief just because Jesus IS not b/c situations have changed...and yes, abbreviate homeschool, take a hot bath, I know it's hard to think of yourself in these moments but I'm afraid if you don't take even a few minutes for Michele you will go crazy....

GO DUMP OUT YOUR JOY JAR AND READ THEM ALL OVER AGAIN! ;)

"Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden...and I will give you rest."

I love you!

Anonymous said...

Totally feel ya girl! I had one of those days recently where I totally felt inadequate in everything! Hubby get home when it is time to get kids in bed, no matter how hard I try house is hardly ever in "tip-top" shape, I hardly get a chance to do my bible study etc,etc. But on that day in the midst of breaking down, I heard so clearly from the Lord "The only PERFECTION is found in me." So no matter how perfect I try to be or make my life be, it never will be. 2 Cor 12:10 explains this so perfectly that in our weakness and being inadequate he is made strong. So my house is not clean all the time, so my kids are on my last nerve, that is the perfect time when God shows up and reminds me that in my weakness he is strong. Sorry this was so long, but I was going through the same deal and had to give ya a siesta hug! You are a supermom!
PS.-I think I just vented myself, AND I FEEL MUCH BETTER!!!

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

You have a ton on your plate! Venting is healthy at times! I'm having one of those grumpy days. We all have them! I hope things look up soon! I've never tried renting or selling my house while living there and cannot imagine the stress!

Julie said...

I'm sorry you are having a rough time keeping up with everything. It is good to vent...it reminds us that we are only human and we can't do it all.

I am right there with ya, girl. I know exactly how it feels. If I can help you in ANY WAY please let me know.

Hang it there! I think I remember you saying your Mom will have the kids this weekend? Maybe you will have a chance for some "you" time then.

I love ya!

Anonymous said...

Sweetie,
You know it is healthy to vent and let it all out. I certainly do my share of venting often. It helps me feel better. Even though there are many frustrations in life we have soooooo much to be thankful for. Be thankful for that we can vent.
Love ya,
Mama

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm okay with your venting...I liked it in fact. You're human, you're stressed out, you're NORMAL!

Hang in there. I wish I could do something more to help you...

edie said...

Michele,
Take a deep breath. Relax. Remember that though our lives seem 'urgent' at times, there are very few things that are important. I've had that 'overwhelming' feeling a lot lately too....and I try to let the Word abide in my heart and mind. All the inconveniences are a chance to grow and teach. (I'm saying this to myself as we speak). We moms set the tone and when I'm stressed out, everybody feels it. I will purpose to slow down, to lens everything through the cross, to hug and laugh more. And I pray that your very full plate will seem light when yoked with Him.

Love ya! Edie