We've
participated in Upward Basketball program for many, many years now. Alec ushered us into it and played for 3 or so years, so when his very competitive, younger sister was old enough to play, she bounced to it (no pun intended).
Y'all this girl is quite the athlete, and ALL of it comes from her Daddy. I run and lift weights, but ANYBODY, and I do mean ANYBODY can do that. She is fierce, aggressive (in a good way), and just naturally talented. She's a natural leader . . . always cheering her teammates on and congratulating them when THEY do a good job. She's so funny though. . .
every time she scores she makes sure We are screaming for her!!
Jon's Dad was quite the basketball player growing up and actually went to GA Southern on a
basketball scholarship. Her basketball genes came straight from her Grandaddy. I have loved watching his face every
Saturday as he watches her play. I've told him she is just a mini version of him out there playing.

We've been so blessed that our soccer coach and all our girls, but one on our team, we play soccer with. It's been so much fun. The fun will continue though because soccer starts next Saturday. Our soccer/basketball coach is the best. He loves our girls and he loves sports. His reactions are just as much fun to watch as our girls. I've often told people that before we were on his team we'd think, "This guy takes sports
wayyyy too serious. He needs to loosen up." But, we have had the pleasure of being on his team for 2 years now, and now I tell people, "When you are on his team, you LOVE him."

Look at her go!

She's open. She's open.

Y'all better be cheering for me!
4 comments:
Both of my kids played Upwards this year and had amazing coaches. I was actually sad last night because it was the first Friday night in eight weeks that we didn't have a game to go to! The season went by way too fast!
We have enjoyed Upward too...minus a few coaching snags but Connor knew nothing negative at all...it's a great program!
Ash is surely one of the most athletic girls I know and one of the sweetest! :)
What a little athlete....I love the part about "the look on Grandmpa's face.." I can just imagine him watching her!
I've never heard of Upwards. I'm telling you....you guys have so many cool opportunities your way. Enjoy!!
Thank you for your beautiful words(about my mom and dad). It warms my heart to know that others are praying. You are a sweetheart!!
I need to work on showing them His love through my words and actions. I fail in that area all the time!
Hope this week is wonderful for you!
Oh she is SO CUTE!
I am so glad you got to enjoy the snow as well
I LOL that your kids had to wear socks as gloves
We did not have gloves for the kids either so they wore our ski gloves - they were so BIG on them - hehe
Have a GREAT day!
Kim
Post a Comment