Ashley has held the heart of this one certain boy for as long as each of them could talk. Through the years he has told his mom often how Ashley is his girlfriend. When she would get a new haircut, he would notice, and tell his mom that he thinks she is pretty. We went to church with this family for about 5 years. This little boy's dad used to lead worship at our church. They have since left the church, so Ashley and this boy, whose heart she holds, see very little of one another. This little boy has a girl in his neighborhood that comes to his often to play. He's made it very clear to her that he has a girlfriend, and her name is Ashley. This little boy's name is Benjamin. Just a precious thing he is.
When I was leaving church today his Mimi stopped me and told me about the following conversation they had:
Benjamin: Mimi, I saw Ashley the other day at the basketball game and she was looking hot.
Mimi: Benjamin! You'd better not say that to her mother or she might get mad at you. That is not a word that a young boy should be saying.
Benjamin: Well, Mimi, what if I said Ashley looked like a foxy mama?
4 comments:
Very sweet. Does Ashley know?
That is very sweet! Kids are something else! I've had to tell my kids lately that the word "sexy" is not a word they should use.
Hehehe - my kids have picked up on the word "hot" too. I asked my daughter (9) what that meant and she said "fashionable".
Michele,
Didn't Kristen Miller love you like that through out grammar school? Of course those feelings were not mutual. I do remember the name "Thomas Coleman" being carved into my sewing machine table. I don't even remember who he was.
Love,
Mama
Post a Comment