Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Came, I Saw, and I Conquered

THIS
What I refer to as Mount Vesuvius in our home. It is constantly being erupted with little and big hands trying to find their clean clothes (yes, these are all clean). However, the "lava" never gets put back up. It will just stay all over the ground, until I come and pile it all up again.

Laundry is the never-ending chore around here. . . between working, homeschooling, ballet, basketball, ballroom dancing lessons, swim practice, and church, it is so hard to stay on top of it. . . at least we're out living life, right?

But today, I went downstairs and saw it, but before I conquered it . . . it erupted with this little one hiding from her big sister.
I can keep up with washing and drying. It is just the folding and putting away part that is tough. Praise God it is all folded and put away now! Please don't judge me *smile*

10 comments:

Tiffani said...

Are you kidding??? Judge you?! HA! I have my own "Cotton Mountain" over here...it stays in our room and yes, we just pluck away until the clothes go from the clean pile back to the dirty pile!!

You are brave for showing a pic, I'll give ya that! I am going to do my best to tackle ours today...after I tackle the grocery store!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I know you probably feel a million times better now, don't you?

YAY!

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this... It was just the motivation I needed to get through my own Mt Vesuvius

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

I definitely would not judge! You should see the basket of folded clothes and piles of folded on top of my dresser in my bedroom. I don't mind the washing and drying one bit. Folding isn't too terrible either, in my opinion. It's the putting up that I constantly struggle with getting done. I need to take care of it!

Anonymous said...

Michele,
Don't feel too bad. This is a family trait. The only time mine gets folded and put away is when I can make a deal with James that if he cleans up his "garbage" pile, I'll clean up the utility room. By the way, that sure is a pretty little precious face peeking through the pile of laundry.
I love ya,
Mama

really.truly said...

Oh laundry! I don't think there has been one day that it's been all caught up. It's so time consuming to fold and put away! I'm with you on that sister.

I have to say..that is one impressive pile!!

Lisa said...

Chelle...if you only knew what was on the other side of my doors...girl I am the same way...totally. I don't mind the washing and the drying but to actually sit there and fold and then have to put it away...AHHH! I don't want any part of it. There has to be something that I want to watch on TV or someone is coming over to the house...for me to get all the laundry totally done. I dislike it the most out of all the housework. I certainly won't judge!

Nancy said...

Oh Michele...
I soooo get this!!! Not judging here...AT ALL!!

Heather said...

This is too funny! I love the "peas and carrots" story, too!!!

Mama Bee said...

thank God I'm not the only one whose laundry room looks like this!!