Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Celebration Continues

Please don't think I'm self indulgent about my birthday, but I DO LOVE birthdays . . . not just mine, anyones. . . I'm a girl who loves to celebrate life. But I do promise this is the VERY LAST post about my birthday . . . that is until next year!

Thursday, my dear, sweet friend Jennifer had us over. She made my very favorite birthday cake, salad, and chicken salad. She always makes me a cake and birthday meal every year. She is such a dear friend, and I love her to pieces. We had lots of good girl talk and hopefully we will carry through with a few of the MANY things we talked about. Jennifer is my only friend who is actually taller than me . . . I like to refer to her as my "tall" friend.
Yummy birthday cake. The icing is to die for.
Me and Jennifer

Silly Faces
Saturday some other friends of mine and I went out to celebrate again . . . this time Mexican . . . oh so yummy to my tum-tum-tummy! We had lots and lots of laughter . . . the kind that makes your stomach hurt.
Julie, Steph, Lisa

Candis, Me, and Tiff
My friends like to tease me about how I turn my head to the side when I have my picture taken. They say it is like a beauty pageant pose. So . . .
I did it even more so than before to ham it up a bit.

Julie and Tiff look so pretty in their pink and black
The Gray Girls (believe it or not, none of this was planned)
Crazy, and I do mean, crazy, Stephanie . . . Between she and Candis there was NEVER, EVER a dull moment. These girls are the life of the party and make me laugh like crazy. This was Lisa's first time I with us. I hope she wasn't too overwhelmed. I hope she'll go out with us again for Tiff's birthday in a few weeks.
I don't know at what part of the night they told the Mexican band I was there to celebrate my birthday. . . . maybe it was on one of my five trips to the bathroom. I laughed so hard if I didn't go frequently I probably would have tee-teed (mommy language) in my pants.


When the band was finished playing I asked the singer if he could take a picture of me and all of my friends. Well. . . I guess he didn't understand English b/c he just stood behind me and smiled:)
The girls informed me that I wasn't supposed to ask the band to take our pictures . . . whatever!!

I think we spent about 4 hours there. We celebrated like crazy. Thank you girls for such a great night. I asked that there be no presents . . . I just wanted us all to get together. . . NONE of them followed the rules. Here is a breakdown of what I got.

  • Tiff - a very fashionista monogrammed necklace and "Joy Jar" . . . more on the joy jar later. It deserves a post on its own. Thanks Tiff!
  • Lisa - a soft brown blanket (matches my bedroom) and a candle in a beautiful jar . . . she said it was for me to curl up with a good book and light a candle and relax . . . Thanks Lisa!
  • Julie - a candle for my home office. . . actually my new favorite kind of candle. Thanks Julie. I'll be thinking about you when I light it up in the early hours of morning. It helps me to relax and not be so high strung while I'm working. Thanks Julie!
  • Steph - 3 cute necklaces and matching earrings - Girl you never disappoint me with the accessories . . . you and your ever so stylish self. You know I'm always checking you out so I stay stylish. Thanks Steph!
  • Candis - 3 very cute pair of earrings . . . One pair is actually a color that I was about to buy for myself. Key ring holder. Just about everytime I'm on the phone with Candis I can NEVER find my keys. What a perfect gift . . . she told me I had to hang my keys there for a month. I love it. Thanks Candis!
  • Jennifer- although I celebrated with Jennifer earlier in the week she got me a Busy Mom's Guide to Wisdom by Lisa Welchel (I just love her) and a calender big enough to keep up with my crazy schedule. Thanks for your thoughtfulness Jennifer!

God has blessed me with wonderful girlfriends. I have such special stories and friendships with each one. I love you all dearly!!! I can't wait for Tiff's birthday for our next night out. I think Tiff decided it would be Crackle Barrel . . . we'll see though.

The end to a fun, fun night

The girl taking our picture was so much fun. She told us we had to do a sexy pose. So here we are being sexy - Lisa and Steph were doing a great job. The rest of us just looked like a bunch of goofballs!















8 comments:

Tiffani said...

I got tickled again reading this!!

You are WORTH every bit of celebrating that's happened!!

And, I do believe Cracker Barrel will be the choice! ;)

Mama Bee said...

I love reading your blog! (I stumbled upon you while reading blogs of fellow LPM followers)

Anyway, happy birthday! The pics are toooooo funny :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

So, how tall are you, Michele?

In all those pics it looks like you're having SO much fun! I love that.

Michelle said...

What a fun time!!!! You enjoy every moment...we believe in birthday weeks (at least) around here...though this year is one of those ugly #s for me so it might have to be a Birthday Month just to get me in the mood! (((Happy Belated Birthday!!!!)

Michelle said...

Oh, and BTW...all my friends are considered my tall friends! LOL

really.truly said...

You gals look like you are having a blast!! I'm having a b-day lunch with a few girlfriends tomorrow. Nothing like your girlfriends to keep you real and laughing!!

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

It looks like y'all had a wonderful night! What a great group of friends you have! That last pic was hilarious!

Unknown said...

I am trying to catch up on a weeks worth of blogs! So I am a little late on this one....

Y'all look lik you are having a fantastic time! Love the green sweaters you and Jennifer are wearing.

Tiff's haircut is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!

And last but not least, their is no shame in loving your birthday. Life is to be celebrated!