We made love notes for one another. Everyone had a heart with their name on it and we sent our hearts around the table for everyone to write something nice about one another.
The smell of the muffins woke this sweet thing up. He then went back to his room, grabbed his guitar, and serenaded all of us with a song. It went as follows:
"Happy Valentine's Day. Happy Valentine's Day. Happy Valentine's Day." You get the picture.
For dinner I made Jona nd I grape tomatoes with feta cheese, baked sweet potatoes, salmon with fresh spinach and feta, and chicken breast with sun-dried tomato and feta. I thought the meal was super yummy; however, I have a hubby with simple taste. He actually liked the kids pizza better.
After dinner we headed outside for a silly string fight. Max joined in on the fun.



Truth-be-known it lasted all of 30 seconds, but it was a lot of fun. We then went inside and watched Madagascar 2. Super-cute movie! We put the kids in bed and Jon and I put on The Notebook. Can you believe neither one of us have ever seen it? I've read the book. The movie was so sweet . . . . a little depressing though. I told Jon that if he ever got Alzheimer's I would read him my blog. He then told me I might be the one to get it. W-H-A-T? He must not be listening to me when I tell him I will be teaching aerobics in the nursing home when I get old. Whatever. . . I did make him promise me though that if I get Alzheimer's he has to read my blog to me:)
Hope all of you had a wonderful day of celebrating the ones you love!!
6 comments:
Your dinner sounds YUMMO! Wanna share your recipes??
Love all your Valentine fun.
Oh,and The Notebook? Such a tearjerker!
You always make wonderful memories for your family and always inspire me to do the same!!
Glad your day was so great with those you love...including Maxi-poo! ;)
Hey Michele - Thanks for your encouragement! I am catching up on all my blog reads. 100 things is a mighty lot! I enjoyed reading them. We are kindred spirits in many ways. Loved your Valentine's day stories. I love the heart around the table activity - we may be 'stealing' that one for next year!
Such a fun and full day!
I've never seen or read The Notebook either...now I'll have to do that!
What a full day of fun(and love).:)
The love notes were so cute, great idea. And I want one of those muffins...right now!!
Your mom by marriage looks like such a southern lady. I bet she is a lot of fun.
We have never seen The Notebook! I forgot about that movie. Is it too sad??
I hope I'll be getting one of those Valentines this week end. (Hint Hint) I wish I lived closer so I could join in on some of that fun.
The Notebook is one of my favorite movies. I love how he loves her so much in the movie.
Love ya,
Mama
Post a Comment