Thursday, February 19, 2009

Capture the Flag

Have you ever played it . . . Capture the Flag, that is? It is one of those old-school games like "Kick the Can." A few weeks ago my SMB (sister by marriage) and her boys were visiting. On Sunday afternoon the kiddos and Max took on the Moms . . . yep, all of us . . . the matriarch (Gigi) and Holly and I. It was so much fun! Below are just a few pointers and warnings if any of you decide to play . . .

Get a good hug before you start . . . you will need it when you play 5 kids and a dog.


Make sure you have some super-fun kids who know how to strategize. It makes the game much more challenging. . . .

When you fall to the ground, and you will . . . . make sure you laugh . . . ALOT . . .

Adding a dog on the opposing team makes the game much more interesting . . . plus it adds ALOT more laughs . . . and . . . who doesn't love to laugh, right?

Make sure you don't go on a 6-mile run with your hubby before you play. Otherwise, you will be really worried about your body odor . . . even with family. See that sour look on my face. I was so sweaty I could even smell myself . . . YUCK!

Hang on to your partners super tight. The kids are VICIOUS . . . look at that little one and big one underneath us trying to pull our feet out from under us. . . .

If you can tickle the opposing team . . . it really helps . . .

When you can . . . take the flag and . . . RUN. . . those kids are FAST. Oh, and . . . cheer for your team mates. Look at Holly go!

5 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

How fun! I'm impressed with the girl in the skirt!

Tiffani said...

WOW! This looks like SUCH a blast!! Of course, we'd have a much smaller team over here!

Holly looks great and I think that picture of her and Gigi on the ground is sooo adorable and I bet Holly will be glad to have it many years from now...it shows them doing something very natural but something very special about it being mother/daughter...knowing Gigi still wants the same things for her after years that we all want for our kids now...it never goes away! :)

Very creatively written, my friend!

really.truly said...

That looks like so much fun!!

Am I seeing things....is one of the players wearing a skirt(black bottoms)? I love a girl who's not afraid to get her skirt dirty:)

Unknown said...

Y'all are fun moms!

I am pretty sure i would be in the cheerleading section and not actually in the game. I'm kind of prissy like that...

And you look as cute as ever, you can't even tell you have just run 6 miles!

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

Capture the flag looks like a blast!