Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pathetic

Pathetic. . . yep, that's what I am!! Wanna little glimpse into how pathetic Mrs. Mama in High heels is. . .

Well, first of all, let's just start with that name. . . I'm slowly not living up to my name anymore. Whereas in the past everytime you saw me (except when I'm running, of course), I'd have me a pair of pumps on . . . not so much anymore. . . I've caved to the comfort of my flip flops, five fingers, gladiator sandals, and a new pair of Toms (well Toms soon (thanks to my sweet hubby). . I actually tried on Melissa's and didn't want to give them back). These days I'm lucky if I even wear heels on Sunday. . . maybe I need a new name for my new identity?hee!hee!

Speaking of comfort. . . let's just go into luxury here. I just love for my kids to brush my hair, fix my hair, rub my back, etc. . . . they HATE it, and I actually confessed not too long ago I will using brushing mom's hair as a means of punishment around here. Well, here lately those kiddos of mine have been pretty good. So, that means I've had to resort to something else to make them brush my hair. . . butter cookies!!! Yes, I am SO PATHETIC I actually bribe my kids to brush my hair for butter cookies! Sad. . . so very, very pathetic I am!!

Another luxury around here is watching a movie! Jon has been working so much lately between his full time job and flipping house, we don't really get to watch too many movies. Well we got one in the other night from Netflix. It was 1 hours and 44 minutes long. It took is 3 stinkin' days to watch the thing. We would fall asleep each night. . . now that is some kind of PATHETIC!!!

On the same note of falling asleep, we were watching "Man vs Food" with the kiddos last night while waiting for "America's Got Talent" to come on. It was 7:30 and Jon and I were both snoozing hard!!! It's like we've turned into my Granny and Grandpa. We woke up long enough to kiss the kiddos goodnight and remind them to say their own prayers (most nights we pray as a family). PATHETIC!!!!

Yesterday while having our "Tuesday with Granddaddy", Ash left part of her brownie on her plate. She walked away because she got distracted by something (like her mother, poor thing). I knew she didn't mean to leave part of a brownie. However, it was time for me to clean up the dishes, and her brownie was sitting on her plate all by itself looking all lonesome. While a good, sweet, and kind mother would have called their child to come finish the rest of their brownie. . . not this mama. I could have thrown the thing away if I'd been thinking about the terrible white flour, crummy sugar, and yucky hydrogenated oils that this little thing was composed of. However, those things didn't even cross my mind. I'd already had 2 of them myself, so I knew how scrumpdillicious they were. I took that little yummy goodness and plopped that thing in my mouth and savored every last morsel of it. . . yep, PATHETIC. . . I know!

No comments: