Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday's Musings

Normally everyone groans at the sound of Monday. Monday tends to be associated with negative emotions and feelings. However, I actually love my Mondays. . . mainly because I get to start my week off with disciplining Lydia. Lydia is a precious 19-year-old young woman who has one of the purest hearts of anyone I've ever known. When she asked me to disciple her, I was completely humbled and oh so excited. I just love starting out with my week with her, and I am truly honored to share sweet time with her in the Word. She really sharpens me and encourages me so.very. much!!! This girl is serious business when it comes to the Word, and I'm so very grateful she's apart of my life. Plus, her big sis, Bethany, is a good friend of mine. . . so that's just an added bonus :)

The kids are so very sweet to allow me to disciple young women. It truly is where my heart is (along with disciplining my own children, of course).

After Lydia left the house to go and get ready for work, the kids and I ate lunch. I then read them several chapters of "Same Kind of Different as Me". I cried my mascara off and didn't want to put the book down. Ash didn't want me to put it down either, but Alec and Hanna were begging to go and do something fun.

So. . . we decided to get out of the house and shake our tail feathers. . . well, sort of.

Wanna know what we did?

I know you're on the edge of your seat?

Okay, I'll give you a few clues.

It was really Hanna who was pushing hard for this activity. She was excited (and I'm not kidding here). . . Can't you tell by her "excited face"?

Our activity happened to involve one of these. . .

and everyone had to wear these. . .

And Alec's feet happened to look a little . . . nah. . . a lot like Bozo the Clown.


We headed to the bowling alley. . . there is a summer program where kids to get bowl free. . . they had me at FREE!!!







Guess who won? The gutter guards were up for everyone. . . and Hanna pulled out the big W-I-N!


Here is her "I'm so excited I won" face. She loves to cross her eyes because it freaks her mother out.


We actually get to play 2 games for free. . . Hanna was really hoping to pull out another win. . .


Too bad, Hanna. . . here is her "I'm mad I didn't win" face. . .


Big brother is the won who pulled off the win this time. . .


This is his "I'm excited I won" face. . .



Oh, and my sweet Ash. . .she's just a super encourager. . .so, of course, I had to snap a picture of her sweet face. . .



We got home and I put one of my freezer meals on the stove to warm it up. I let the kids watch "Monk". We all had dinner together and now I hear everyone pulling out the cards. Alec is laughing. Ash is bossing Hanna to "go her turn". Gotta go! Family time awaits! I don't want them having fun without me :)



No comments: