Friday, June 24, 2011

Flashback Friday - Labor Day Race 2010

There have been so many things that happened back in 2010 that I wanted to blog about but never got around to do. . . so, being the memory preserver that I am. . . I'm going to start doing a "Flashback Friday" edition here at Mama in High Heels (although I feel like a poser now because of my last post **insert big cheesy grin here**).

So, for the first edition, since running with friends is something I love to do and is fresh on my mind since next Monday I'll be doing just that. . . I'm going to blog about the Labor Day 10K my friends and I did last September.

Jon and I actually entered this race as a husband and wife team. We placed 3rd and got these awesome trophies (insert picture I never took here). Our team time was 1:34:56. You may be thinking it's absurd I included the seconds. However, in running seconds count. Know how I know? Because we missed 2nd place by literally 36 seconds! Jon placed 9th in his age group at a time of 46:18 and I placed 7th in my age group with a time of 48:38. I was really pleased with our results because this is much bigger than the normal races we run!!!

Friends running with us were Lydia, Bethany, Angela, Jennifer S., and Doug!!! A great time was had by all.
These sweet ladies are sisters. This was my very beginning of getting to know them. Now, they both are very precious to me. The Lord has woven us together in only a way He can!!! I'm so thankful for both of them!





1 comment:

Lori said...

I went to school with Bethany! Small World! :)