When Jon got home from his run this morning I certainly didn't expect him to tell me the story that he did. Most always he is running with Doug. For my running partner, Angela H., and I we just do our long runs together, but Jon and Doug . . . if they are running, most of the time they're running together.
Not this morning though. Jon has been taking some time off b/c of his suspected hernia. However, he wants to run the Peachtree, so he decided to take a slow, easy run and see how he felt afterwards.
Now, we live in a really nice area (I say that with more shame than I do pride, and I'm very ashamed how Jon and I have spent our lives chasing the "American Dream", and hopefully, if the Lord is willing, as soon as we are done with the remodeling of our house it is going on the market). . . okay, lost track there for a minute. Anyhoo, back to running, so Jon runs out of our neighborhood and he is running facing traffic. He always looks behind him even though there is not a whole lot of posing danger from a car on the other side of the road.
Not this morning. . .
The car was coming over to his side (now this is 4:30 in the morning). Thankfully the car doesn't hit him. However, after it passed, Jon stopped running andn threw his hands up in the air like, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Stay on your side of the road." Well, the car started putting on his brake lights and slowed down. Jon said someone came out of the passenger's side and fired a shot.
Can you believe that?
They slowly drove away. Jon continued his run, and then began to think, "They may be up there waiting on me." So he came back and ran our neighborhood.
If that would've been me my feet would have never seen so fast, and I would have run STRAIGHT home.
No comments:
Post a Comment