Monday, October 4, 2010

Pack-A-Thon

Toward the beginning of September our church took a group of children to pack meals for hungry children. I was so very excited about this ministry opportunity for my children.

We headed out bright and early on the church bus.



The one thing our children's pastor did not tell us was that we were going to have to wear hair nets. She didn't want to discourage anyone from coming . . . ha!ha!

Hanna isn't too sure about the hair net.

Ashley loves anything that will get her attention. . . hair net or not!


I literally felt like a lunchroom lady!

I learned so many neat things!
For example, did you know that most of the world is vegetarian. Meat is too expensive or not available.

Rice is known as the universal food. Any mother, anywhere in the world can receive rice and know how to cook it.

The room was so full of excitement. This was not a job for slackers. We all had a goal to meet!

Another thing I never realized is how corrupt some governments can be. . . after we finished packing the food we all corporately prayed over it. They said that only 3 shipments of food have ever been returned to their ministry .. . where the government refused to accept it. This is only the power of God that it hasn't been more boxes.



The girl in pink is literally like my 4th or 5th child. I love this girl so.very.much! She and I talked so much about all the places in the world we want to go to share the Gospel. She's really trying to convince me to go to the Ukraine with her next year. . .



The girls had to miss their first soccer game. Miss "Super Star" was quite upset. I used this to teach her life is not about her. When we left she said, "Mom that was so.much.fun. I'm so glad I didn't go to my soccer game."

Me too, sweetie. Me too!
106. For children who are being fed both physically and spiritually.
107. For the opportunity to help feed the poor.
108. For a God-given desire to help those in need.
109. For where God has placed us.
110. For children who served joyfully.
111. For my spiritual children.
112. For a wonderful children's minister.
113. For an organization that is legit.


1 comment:

theelizabethhighsmith said...

woolsey participated in that as well! awesome ministry. woolsey's music minister's brother is employed with the organization. so glad you got to participate! i always think it's an opportunity to literally do unto Jesus!