Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Blogger Overload

My poor blog . . . probably felt like my printer did when I started printing our "Tapestry of Grace" for the entire year. . . in fact, I think I broke my printer. Oh well, to say I've been behind on blogging is quite the understatement.

I've just been so swamped with work. . . with homeschool. . . with all good things. . . with family. . . with friends. . . with church. . . with being in God's word. . .

Speaking of God's word. . . Right now I'm in the midst of teaching 9th and 10th grade girls the book of 1 John verse by verse, chapter by chapter. I literally have a commentary and that's ALL! Seriously, I spend about 5 to 6 hours a week preparing for my Sunday School class and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love those girls. I love teaching them. I love studying the Word of God expositionally (that's verse by verse). I love how much I am learning. I love how much God is changing me!

Also, I'm now leading our Grow Group. Although I am with some very spiritually mature women I feel as if we are all disciplining one another. . . so I do prepare the lessons, but other than that I'm just the leader on paper. We're currently going through "The Gospel-Centered Life." It is literally changing my life. I'm in a hard place right now, but a very good place. I probably have more questions than I do answers. . . but that's okay. . . I'm seeking, I'm searching, I'm learning, I'm struggling and, honestly, God couldn't have given me a better group of women to do this with. I always love studying the Word, but to be able to do it with my dearest and closest friends is a true gift. We're all learning so much about one another. For example, I'm the defender. We have some hiders and fakers too. (anyone going through this will know what I mean). And, to boot, we have accountability. . . you want to talk about being vulnerable. . . boy, oh, boy. . . hard stuff, but good stuff. And, scripture memory. . . we recite every week. Really holds you accountable.

I'm also taking a theology class on Wed. night. Right now we're in Trinitarianism. . . I keep telling everyone I'm the dumbest person in the class. I wrote Jon a note one day saying "I think the only gift God gave me is social skills." Another time I wrote him a note saying, "I'm sooooo sleepy." He replied, "That's because you're below the arch". There's lots of philosophy in this class and to say it is way over my head is an UNDERSTATEMENT! However, I've met a precious young couple. They are really struggling with their faith. . . . just hurts my heart tremendously. We've had them over for dinner. Jon thinks like her husband, so that is good. As for me, I can love on her, but she is way more intelligent than I. She's got some really hard questions that I really and truly do not believe there are answers for. Deut. 29:29. . . in fact, as i type this now it was a tough class tonight. I almost broke into tears for her. She left class while we were closing in prayer. I've texted her. . . yet, I haven't heard back. . .

And, I've been reading "Radical" by David Platt for quite a while now. That book has got me all messed up. Messed up in a really good way. . . but really messed up. I've gotten it all wrong. . . terribly, terribly all wrong. Praise God for His grace, and I know He's going to get us out of the mess we've wanted, the mess we've created. . . and I'm so excited about how God has/is changed/changing BOTH Jon and I's hearts. . . so excited about the things He's leading us to do. . . so excited about what the future holds.

See why I have no time to blog? I'm going to hopefully do better. I love blogging and recording down my heart, hopes, dreams, fears, frustrations, etc. I've got a few more posts to catch up on and I should be good to go again!

1 comment:

jen said...

What a great place to be though! Can't wait to hear what the Lord has planned for you!