Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Double Digits Have Arrived

For Ash's birthday we decided to take the school day off and head to the movies. On the agenda? Ramona and Beezus. One of the cutest movies EVER!

Alec is growing by leaps and bounds and really needed some clothes. . . so we had to go pick up a few things for him.

Ash's request for her birthday dinner was barbeque and a cookie cake. I usually cook their birthday meals. However, since I don't know how to make barbeque I had to go pick up it (honestly, ALL the kids chose barbeque for the brithday dinners this year. . . I think it was so they'd get something other than Mama's cooking)


Where has ALL the time gone? Time. . . please, please, please slow down!

She still isn't too big for her Daddy to hold her!

GiGi and Granddaddy came over to open presents. Cookie and Grandaddy are BIG buddies!
Ash got a Life of Faith doll for her birthday. These dolls have books that come with them. They are sort of like American Girl dolls except better. . . because with all and all problems they encounter in life. . . they turn to Christ.
Before buying these dolls and researching them I came across something that really surprised me. American Girl supports BOTH abortion and homosexuality. Sadly, I'm normally not a big boycotter. . . but as I grow in my relationship with Christ I am becoming that way. If my money is all His anyway. . . and I spent it on something that directly contradicts His Word. . .isn't that wrong? Don't misunderstand me, I'm not being judgemental at all. . . just something I've been pondering.
Sorry, I digress. . . back to my girl in her double digits.

I'm so thankful that at 10 years old Ash still loves to play with dolls. I'm thankful she's not some boy crazy little girl trying to be like a teenager. I'm thankful she wants to dress modestly. I'm thankful when I tell her about American Girl and what they support she's flabergasted. I'm thankful for her heart for the LORD. She told me just the other night, "Mom, I'm going to do my Bible study every night before I go to bed. I know I will be tired the next morning, but it's worth it to spend time with God." I pray this seed in her heart will grow and bloom and not be choked out by this world.

No comments: