Saturday, October 2, 2010

Lessons Learned

Just ask my mom. . . or my sisters. . . or Jon. . . you might even want to ask my closest friends . . . or my children.



They would all pretty much agree . . . I can be kinda hard-headed at times.



I tend to be the type of person who always sees the good in people.



Doesn't matter how they treat me.



Doesn't matter what kind of relationships they've had in the past.



Doesn't matter what behavior or patterns of behavior they have or currently have in their life.



I think I tend to like the wool pulled over my eyes. I've always said I'm not a very good discerner of people. . . now my mom, Jon, and Melissa. . . can nail a person DEAD ON within just minutes of talking to someone. IF I'd only listen.


Oh no, not me. . . I want to be everyone's friend. . . more importantly. . . I've come to discover recently. . . I want everyone to want to be MY friend!!! (sad truth, huh?)



I've learned some pretty hard lessons lately. Hopefully these will stick.



**Trust your gut. . . no matter how much you want someone to like you, don't just fall hook line and sinker for words people say. Anyone can flatter you. . . . not everyone is sincere though. . . no matter how sincere they try to be. . . if you've seen a pattern of relationships in their life. . . LEARN from that. It will save so much in the end!



**I really, really, really don't like rejection. . . I recently had a situation in my life that I was talking to my sister about. She told me my problem was not the situation. My problem was that I felt rejected and THAT is why this situation bothered me so badly. That girl hit the nail on the head! Problem was, I was sharing the truth and it made this person very angry. If I'm going to bold for Christ and follow Him NO MATTER WHAT THE COST, then I've got to get over this fear of rejection. . . because people WILL reject truth! Maybe through this situation the LORD is preparing me so I will get over this fear. . . I sure hope so!



**Sometimes when there is a lot of adversity in your life. . . it doesn't necessarily mean you're doing the wrong thing. Many times it means you're doing the RIGHT thing. You must simply persevere!



**I think I'm more of a discerner than I give myself credit for. Things that have happened in the last 4 months or so really confirm what I knew all along. . . just wasn't willing to admit.



**Sometimes it's best to just be silent. . . to not feel the need to defend no matter how badly you want to explain things from your perspective. People are going to believe what they believe. In the end, God knows the heart and THAT is what counts!!! There are situations in life where the fewer the words the better. . . HARD, HARD lesson for this wordy, chatty girl :) and for a girl who ALWAYS feels the need to defend herself.



**Sometimes life throws you hard blows, but after you come through the knockdown, you'll be grateful and see the purpose behind it.



**When I stop to reflect on things I can see times where God was trying to weed things out of my life. Again, I'm hard headed. If I would just let go and let God and not try to hold on so tightly, then it really all is for the better. . . for everyone involved!



Hopefully and prayerfully I can hammer the gavel down and say loudly, "Lessons Learned".

1 comment:

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

I think I need to print these lessons & tape it to my bathroom mirror, so I can read them daily!!! I need them! I'm also one of those people that tries to see the good in everyone. And I also hate rejection. I try & try & try to make people like me. I'm friendly & will do almost anything for anyone, why wouldn't they like me? lol

This post definitely spoke to me. Thank you for sharing your heart.

Jessie