Monday, September 27, 2010

Dear Hanna

Dear Hanna,

Where has the time gone, my sweet love? I just cannot believe that 7 years ago I was holding this little baby in my arms. Now, there is nothing of a baby left in you. I keep telling you that tomorrow morning you're going to wake up and be 5 years old. . . I'm just trying to hold onto to the baby in you. . . because I know the next 7 years will probably fly by even faster than these past 7.

You are such a joy and delight. I just enjoy you so very much. I love how you come and talk to me about whatever is on your little heart and mind as I put on my makeup and fix my hair. Your questions are just precious. Or, how when I am cooking dinner you come alongside me. . . and we just talk . . . or you help me. . . not because you have to, but because you want to. Or, how when we get out of the car and walk in a parking lot to the store, you still automatically grab my hand . . . and we walk hand-in-hand. I just love how easygoing you are.

To hear you pray is one of my favorite sounds in the world. Your pure, sincere heart and your tone of voice makes me smile so big. . . I just can't imagine how our God feels . . . I know how moved I am by it. Serve Him, Love Him, Live for Him my sweet girl!!! When life gets hard and one day it probably will. . . always look to Christ first.

Keep your heart pure. You will have to be very careful to do this. The world will scream at you to forsake your purity of heart. DON'T!!! If your heart is pure, then your actions will resemble that.

I love how you look at your Daddy.. . . how you just have a brightness in your eyes looking at him. I love the excitement in your voice when he walks through the doors coming home from work. I know you will hope to fall in love one day, to be wife, to be a mother . . . but, sweetie, let Jesus be the first love of your life. . . then your husband.

You teach me so very much about being a servant. Whenever I ask you to do anything, you always respond, "Yes m'am" and you immediately go and do it. It doesn't matter what you are doing. . . you stop it and go do what was asked of you. This is a true servant's heart. . . oh, only if your mother could get that down. You teach me, sweet girl. . . so very much, you teach me. I love how you don't complain or grumble because something was interrupted that you wanted to do. You just have this humility about you that I know is from the LORD.

And your gratefulness. . . oh precious child. . . every meal I fix you. . . whether it is a bowl of cereal, a meal you dislike terribly, or a meal that you just gobble up. . . you always thank me for it. You always will go out of your way to find me and say, "Thank you for dinner (breakfast, lunch)." What a sweet, precious heart you have.

Girl, you keep us laughing so much. I'm so very thankful for the gift of laughter. . . and you definitely deliver.

Why in the world God would choose someone like me to have the honor of being your mother I don't know? Grace. . . His grace is the only answer I can come up with. I know it certainly isn't anything I've ever done. I don't deserve you or your brother or sister or your Daddy. . . but I'm so very grateful God has allowed me to have all of you. I love you precious girl. I'm so proud of you! I hope you have a very Happy, Happy 7th Birthday!!!!

With all my love,

Mom

No comments: