Dear Ashley,
Just think 10 years ago today I was holding you in my arms!!! I just can't believe how quickly time flies. It seemed like only yesterday you were sucking your thumb with your finger wrapped around your nose . . . like yesterday we were shaving your head because you were eating carpet. . . like yesterday that I was rocking you to sleep every.single.night. Your room was my favorite room in the house. It was the cleanest, and there was just something so special about that time I had with you sitting and rocking you. . . praying so many prayers over your sweet life.
And now, here we are. . . you're a beautiful girl, with a beautiful smile, and your personality just lights up a room. You are not in a room very long until everyone knows you are there. You are just a lovable young woman.
Ash, you have no idea how much you mean to me. I remember walking the track in Williamson praying that God would give me a girl. I wanted a little girl so badly. I can even remember praying, "Lord, and if you give me a girl, I'm going to name her after Faye" . . . and that I did, Miss Ashley Faye. I never would have imagined in my best dreams that God would give me a girl as special as you.
You teach me so much my sweet love. Mostly you teach me about loving and giving. . . loving unconditionally without restraints on your heart. You love to the fullest. In fact, you do everything to the fullest. We tease around here and say your philosophy is "Go Big or Go Home" and that is what sums you up, my love. I love how much you love me. I love your Mama's girl heart and how you are always my biggest encourager. No matter what I do you always see me in the best light. I need that. I need you. I need your love. And giving. . . wow what a giver you are. You have no idea how much you teach me about giving. In fact, I would have to say you would have to be the person God has used most in my life to teach me about giving.
And, your heart. . . your heart for the LORD. . . oh, it just makes me say, "Lord, I don't deserve this precious child." To hear you pray is one of the things I love most. To see you bring your Bible with us when we go on vacation makes me more proud than just about anything else you could do. You are a blessing to both your Dad and I.
And, I can't forget your zeal, zest, and love for life. . . truly contagious my love.
And your laugh. . . just makes me giggle like crazy. I don't even have to know what you are laughing about. It's truly one of my favorite sounds.
And your feist. . . girl, although it can exhaust me at times. . . I know this is a gift. . . it is up to you how you use it. Be a peacemaker. Aim for unity. But use that feist for the LORD and the work of his kingdom. He put it in you for a reason, so use it for his glory, my love.
And, sweetie, remain pure. Purity starts in your heart. Don't let the world choke it out of you. You will have to guard purity very carefully. Everything in this world screams for you to give it away. DON'T!!!! Please, please DON'T. It will be one of the most dreadful things you could ever do.
I'm so thankful that you still love your dolls, you can run the soccer field like nobody's business, you have such a warmth about you that makes everyone you meet just smitten over you. I just love how God has formed you and fashioned you. You are a special gift, and I'm so thankful God thought enough of me to allow me to be your mother.
Happy 10th birthday, my love!!! I love you!
With all my love,
Mom
1 comment:
Linked here from Shelly Hendrix blog (which I follow, too).
Like your family-oriented blog. I try to do the same thing with mine, Family Fountain.
Esp. liked this post to your daughter, and the 3rd-to-last paragraph. We stressed this to our 3 kids, also (only one left at home now).
I address this some in my current blog post on marriage, giving a reason for young people to wait. If you have a chance, please visit (Family Fountain).
You have a good blog.
Post a Comment