It ALL started with this one. . . the persistent, "will not take no for an answer" one. . .
And then, this one joined in . . . the one whose Daddy is truly the apple of her eye. . .
It didn't take much begging or pleading from the girls. . . once I started belting out "Butterfly Kisses", I think Jon agreed to the Daddy/Daughter sock hop so I would not sing ANYMORE!!! Just kidding. . . . well. . . sort of. . .
We started out our week by going to Joanne's and picking out a great color for the poodle skirts and scarves to match. . .
I got to sewing, and thankfully I saw a picture on-line how to make one of these bad boys. . . otherwise, there's no telling what they would have looked like if I would have made them from the written directions. . .
And this one? Well I told this guy I'd be his Joanie if he'd be my Chachi. . .
A local ministry in our area put on this Sock Hop. . . a friend of mine is one of the cofounders of this ministry, and I was so grateful she included us in on such a fun night. . .
I think these guys were too. . .
This picture gets my Mom every time. . . I think she thinks it is so funny these men all dressed like Fonzie wannabees. . .
Not ONLY did Jon agree to take the girls.. .
I informed my sweet girls they had accomplished more with their Daddy than I ever could. We took dance lessons last year. . . and we dance here together at home. . . but in public. . . NEVER, EVER have I been able to get him to dance with me!!!
Well, where is the boy in the family amongst poodle skirts, scarves, sideways ponytails, and bobbie socks?
He's here . . . being as cool as ever. . . actually enjoying their excitement. . . he had a date himself that night. . .
I think these guys were too. . .
Not ONLY did Jon agree to take the girls.. .
Not ONLY did he agree to dress up in 50s fashion, and actually do his own shopping for his white T-shirt, catheads, and jeans (the only pair of Wranglers he's EVER owned). . .
Not ONLY did he smile and be such a good sport. . .
But. . .
He danced . . . YES, he did. . . He danced. . . on the dance floor with the girls. . . in public. . . in front of everyone.
The little girl in red. . . the shy one. . . was a little painful to watch for the 20 minutes I crashed the party. . . she is painfully shy. . . in fact, so much so, I almost cried for her. . .
As I would watch her she would walk around the room, following her sister, with her hands inside of her scarf. . . I guess kind-of like a security blanket. . . She was smiling, and I believe she was having a good time. . . I think she just wanted too make sure she was doing everything right.
Ash took the lead and is BOUND to have fun wherever her feet place her. . . so not only did Hanna follow her big sister's lead, but other girls joined in as well. . .
Ash is so much fun to watch. She just loves life!!!

This girl started to warm up more as the night went on. . . maybe she just needed a bit of caffeine. . .
I informed Hanna that if she was going to dance with her Daddy, she would have to cut in. . . otherwise, Ash would take him over. See what I mean?
She listened to my advice. . .
And warmed up and got to cut a rug with her Daddy.
Before Jon knew it he was a lucky man with 2 dates. . . I wonder if that's ever happened before?

What a tremendous blessing God has given my girls to not only have a Daddy who loves them, but a Daddy who loves Jesus. . . who is not too busy to pray with them, not too "hard" to cuddle with them, not too preoccupied to listen to them. . . a Daddy who is not "too manly" to not get in the kitchen and cook with them. . . a Daddy who will get them to doing yard work right along beside him. . . a Daddy who will step WWWAAAAAYYYYY outside his comfortable zone to give them (in their own words), "the best night of their life". Oh, what a precious, priceless treasure my children have. . .which has NOTHING to do with anything I've ever done. . . but it's all because of God's great grace. These are riches that no amount of money can buy.
What a tremendous blessing God has given my girls to not only have a Daddy who loves them, but a Daddy who loves Jesus. . . who is not too busy to pray with them, not too "hard" to cuddle with them, not too preoccupied to listen to them. . . a Daddy who is not "too manly" to not get in the kitchen and cook with them. . . a Daddy who will get them to doing yard work right along beside him. . . a Daddy who will step WWWAAAAAYYYYY outside his comfortable zone to give them (in their own words), "the best night of their life". Oh, what a precious, priceless treasure my children have. . .which has NOTHING to do with anything I've ever done. . . but it's all because of God's great grace. These are riches that no amount of money can buy.

5 comments:
This looks like SUCH a blast!
I'm so proud of Jon!!
The skirts look awesome, too...I miss sewing!!
Precious! This could have been written about my own girls, the older one afraid of nothing, and the littler one hesitant and so shy in settings like this. I am so glad she warmed up and enjoyed herself- these girls will always remember this date with their daddy.
So cute and so fun!!!!!!!! Y'all look great, love the pics!
What great pictures! It looks like they had a great time! I love the skirts and scarves! Dates with Daddy are such a precious thing!
my mom made me a poodle skirt for a school function in elementary school. i still remember the trip to the fabric store. i adored that skirt! you're girls will theirs!
Post a Comment