Saturday, February 20, 2010

Girls, Girls, Girls

I bet you're thinking this post is going to be about my girls. . . oh how I wish!!!

Alec is spending the night with his friend, Griffin. His mom, Jennifer, is a dear friend of mine and an excellent spy (as you will see shortly)

When I woke up this morning I had all of these messages on facebook. . . I thought I'd share. . .

>1st Message
"well...they were talking about GIRLS!!! YUCK! They were rating girls and Alec said "there's a difference between liking someone and thinking they're cute". I'm about ready to put on a good movie so they will stop talking about girls!!!!!! I'm not ready for this! LOL!! Oh, well... wait, now they're talking about video games. Yeahhhh!

2nd Message
"My mom always wanted me and Emily to get together but now she's like 7 ft taller than me..." They are cracking me up!

3rd Message
"Hanna likes Jonathon Ford. She's boy crazy." (Who the heck is Jonathan Ford? - this is me talking. . . and YES, she is boy crazy . . . and YES, she is beautiful. .. and YES, it scares me)

4th Message
"Alec is talking about some girl that use to be crazy about him but "she's gross...she like...bites her fingernails!" Alec is definitely noticing girls! The subject may change but he brings it right back to the topic of.... GIRLS!!!!! LOL!!

5th Message
"Okay...I had to run up there and change the subject when I heard them talk about the 11 year old that had a baby. Alec said...there's only one way...and I heard someone else say..yeah....So I told them it was time to watch a movie. The Incredibles to the rescue

Girl, I can't believe they are pre-teens...they have noticed girls and are acting so goofy about them! LOL!!

I've got to get to sleep now...can't spy any more.

Love ya!
Jennifer

I have ONE word and ONE word only. . .

HELP!!!

4 comments:

Tiffani said...

I have one word and one word only:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Faith said...

Boy, am I glad that I had Hanna and Kara Jane!!!! I am a little anxious about what my son is going to come home and ask me about!! HELP is totally the right word!!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm in the same boat you are, "HELP!" I'm just not ready for this, but ready or not, it's here.

I'm super thankful Will talks to us about it. He's a little more candid with his friends (of course) but he talks to me/John too.

So, last week at Will's b'day party I was dying because of the six boys there, half of them had deep voices (definitely on the upside of puberty) and two of them are taller than ME! Quite possibly, that might be more of a freak-out thing than the girl stuff. YIKES!

Amber said...

Oh dear.

This is terrifying.

I also found a couple of dark hairs on the upper lip of my 9 year old the other day.

Sheer panic.

Nothing but sheer panic.