Wednesday, February 10, 2010

10 on the 10th

Time for Mer's 10 on the 10th. I've missed the last couple of months. . . but here it goes for the month of February. Since February is a month of love and it involves the heart I thought I'd do 10 things that make my heart race. . .

Here's 10 things that have made my heart race this past week.

1. Running always makes my heart race. . . and I'm training for another marathon in March and an Ultra Marathon (this one is 31 miles) for April. I love running with my partner. She started out as someone I could run with. . . she has ended up a dear friend. . . and I love our conversations whether we are running 8 miles or 26.

2. Jon was out of town Monday night. Don't like that at all. However, I decided to work on Monday night instead of Tuesday morning. NEVER AGAIN will I do that!!! As I laid down I heard every single noise my house makes. Normally I'm the type of girl that falls asleep within 5 minutes of my head hitting the pillow. Not this night. It took me over an hour to fall asleep. Grrrr.

3. Tiffani accomplished something really big. I am so very proud of her. I know she will probably be blogging about it, so that it is ALL I'm going to say. Nevertheless, my heart pumped for joy for her.

4. Alec's band is playing at this event this coming on Monday where Mark Richt, the coach of the Georgia Bulldogs will be speaking. This is "Footsteps" biggest event YET!!! I will definitely be the backstage mom, and I hope we get to meet Coach Richt.

5. This past Monday night I had a discipleship group at my house. Our church is really big into discipling. Me and several friends are not apart of a discipleship group, so we thought, "Why not form one ourselves?" My friend Angela came and really blessed all of us. We are going through the books, "Respectable Sins" and "The Mischief of Sin".

6. Seeing my hubby walk through the door after being gone . . . makes my heart race. I'm so blessed to have such an amazing husband!!!

7. I got new K-cups for my Keurig. I actually had the Keurig put in the cabinet, but since I was having a group of ladies over I decided to splurge and treat them to some great coffee. I'm so loving having it out again. It also forces me to drink more green tea. . .it's full of antioxidants, you know?

8. A clean house. . . very.rarely.happens. Sometimes my heart races because I can no longer stand the mess. Sometimes my heart races because I am giddy with excitement when it is clean.

9. Whenever my children accomplish a goal they sought or when the see God's hand in things concerning everyday life. Just being a Mom period makes my heart race!!!

10. Being with people that are near and dear to my heart, being with old friends, making new friends. . . people period. I am definitely the kind of girl who loves people and is energized by being with people. This week we had a Sunday School Super Bowl party. The Super Bowl certainly didn't make my heart race. . . but the fellowship sure did!!! I got the chance to get to know a new friend of mine better. . . a missionary who is just absolutely precious!!! Her life amazes me! I also got to hang out with old friends and joke aroiund with new friends who seem like old friends. A wonderful night was had by all, and it had nothing to do with the commercials, who won the game, or even the food. . . . okay, maybe the food did play a small part . . .





5 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

So glad you linked up, Michele. And thanks for the b'day wishes for Will. He had a GREAT day and the fun continues this weekend.

Good to see you blogging more too! (Though I'm terrible at commenting!)(Sorry!)

Hey, did you find a new church?

And when J is gone I usually have to take a Tylenol PM to fall asleep/stay asleep. I am always so glad when he gets home because I'm a zombie when he's gone! It's just awful.

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

All of those sound like great things!

Carpool Queen said...

Three weeks of sick means I haven't been the gym/had my heart race for a while....

It's going to be a painful re-entry!

Melissa said...

I love the theme of your list...very appropriate.

Anonymous said...

I'm supposed to be getting K a Keurig for his b'day (that has already passed!) I think I'm going to go ahead and spend the extra $14 for the little cup that allows you to add your own coffee. If you have folks over does it take long to get them all coffee? Did that question even make sense?