Although Monday was my actual date of birth. . . I celebrate all week!!! It started the day before my birthday with my family.
My in-laws had our family over for lunch after church. My mother in law had BOTH birthday cake and chocolate delight. So very yummy to my sugar-deprived tummy.
That night after church Jon and the kids and I headed to Buffalos. . .
The day of my actual birthday my friend Angela H. and I ran a 12-miler, I came home and got the kids ready to go to this ministry our new church has. . . The Tabitha Ministry. More on that later. . . but oh what a precious day it was. .. to sit in the counsel of these older women. My other friend Angela L. (I've 2 friends named Angela) were the youngest chicks in there. But, oh, what a precious time we had.
I then later met Angela L. at the track and she and my kids ran. I helped watch her little girl. . . somewhat. . . her little girl wanted to run with her mommy. It was fun to hang out for a little while.
The kids and I came home, finished up school. . . I treated myself with a nap on the couch.
We got up and headed to band practice.
This day was precious to me. My phone rang off the hook, I got text after text after text, my facebook overflowed with such love from friends and family wishing me a happy birthday. I really feel so very unworthy to have so many amazing people in my life. I just thanked God over and over again for being so good to me.
Tuesday night my sweet friends took me out for dinner.
I hung until 11:30!!! Can I get a what?what? (as this little boy on Jon's basketball team would say)
Funny thing is, the next day I told Jon we went to the car about 9:00 and all left around 11:30. He was floored!!! He told me that was the difference between guys and girls. If that were a bunch of guys, they would have run out of things to talk about after about 10 minutes. . . I'm so glad I'm not a guy!!!
Thursday I went over to Jennifer's for lunch. Her kids were so sweet. They wanted to make sure we were still getting together as we normally do for birthday. Normally she will have me over for lunch and that yummy cake. Time flew waaaayyyy to quickly. . . but we had a WONDERFUL time!!!
Friday I met my Mom in Macon.
She brought me what we both teased was a piece of cake.
Grace. . . God's Grace. . . I certainly don't deserve this life He's blessed me with. . . but I am ever, so very, very grateful for His grace. . . for the people He has put in my life. . . for the family and friends I have. . . for my amazing children and precious husband. A birthday week would certainly be void and empty if each and every one of these people were not apart of it.
Thank you all for making me feel so special, for your gifts of love, for your sweet words, but most of all. . . for loving me.

4 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday!
good grief, between the picture of the wings and the cake, I'm drooling!
So glad you had such a happy birth-week!
You left out the part about us stopping mid-sentence to enjoy a song from the 80's! ;)
So, you're 23+10 *sigh* that still makes me older! :(
Hey Michele...looks like you had an awesome birthday! I'm totally with you, even though I just turned thirty (well last year) I wouldn't want to go back to my 20's!
Have an awesome week! xxx
Happy belated Birthday! It sounds like you have some precious people to celebrate with! I loved the pictures. The wings looked fabulous!
Post a Comment