I feel like I have more random posts than anything. . .so in an effort to be creative, I thought I'd give you all some synonyms . . . so there you go. . . right up there in the ol'title . . .
Want ergodic? My kids are having a fit. They think I said a cuss word. I was on the phone with my sister, who is moving to Columbia, SC. She and her best friend were talking about running a beach race up there. Melissa suggested the 3 of us running it and Leslie (her BF), jokingly, was like, "No, Michele cannot run it. We are going to tell her you have to have a certain percentage of body fat in order to run it." I'm cracking up as Melissa tells me this and I said to her, "That heifer!!!" Ash and Alec start saying, "Ewww, Mama said a cuss word." I told them my Granny called me a heifer alot when I was little. Melissa then corrected me saying, "She didn't call you a heifer, she called you a heifa." Oh me, oh my. . . it felt so very good to have a good belly laugh with her. It felt so "normal". I've missed her. She's been withdrawing from her antidepressants going on the 1-1/2 year mark. It has been a living hell on earth for her. Most of our conversations center around me encouraging her, helping her to think rationally, etc. (which I love being there for my sister). It's just been a good, long time since we've cut up and laughed on the phone. Side note: I did tell my kids I was teasing and I shouldn't tease that way. I didn't want them to go around calling each other "heifas"
Want more haphazard? I've decided that God gave me a job where I have to get up at 4:00 a.m. (tried to do 6:00 a.m. it just doesn't work for me) . . . to make me tired. . . because really I'm a fireball just like Ashley. Our household can only handle one of us. . . while Ashley is like a raging forest fire. . . I'm like a dimly lit match. . . only because I'm too tired to be anything else (ha!ha!). Jon, Hanna, Alec, and Cookie would probably go crazy if there were 2 live fireballs running around here. Side note: I'm very, very grateful for my job. I'm not complainin' (my discipleship girls will know what I'm talking about). I'm just sayin'
How about some Hit-or-Miss? My parents may be moving . . . from the home I grew up I. Although I will be sad, I am ecstatically happy for them. This will be their dream home. . . a log cabin on 18 acres. . . and . . . it will be closer to me. . . 45 to 50 minutes. Nothing is written in stone yet, but we will see. I'm really hoping it will happen. It will be so nice to be closer to them. It's almost a straight shot from where we live now. You don't have to turn down 10,000 back roads to the there like you do to their house now.
Okay, let me throw some stochastic at you?!? I AM SO EXCITED MY SISTER IS MOVING TO COLUMBIA, SC. It is less than 4 hours away from me (which sure beats 12 when they lived in Dallas, TX)!!! My other sister is only an hour from her in Augusta, GA. There's nothing in the whole wide world like a sister. . . someone who loves you always even when they hate you. . . someone who knows everything about you. . . someone who loves you enough to tell you the truth. Know what else? Blood doesn't make you sisters. It's your heart that does that!!!
Done!!! I feel like Joey did on the episode of "Friends" when he needed to write Monica and Chandler a letter of referral so they could adopt a child. He wanted to sound really smart, so he broke out his thesaurus. He signed the letter, "a baby kangaroo". Get it? Joey??? A baby kangaroo??? Oh that puts a gig in my giggle.
Have a wonderful Thursday!!!
3 comments:
Now, that is a good post..full of all kinds of excitment! (((hugs)))
I'll call ya in the mornng, ya heifa. I love you!!
Too Funny!!
Can't believe we didn't get to talk about Nanna moving?! Add that to our next convo list!!
I'm working on stochastic post as we speak!
Post a Comment