Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Betcha Didn't Know


Betcha Didn't Know . . . I thought I'd join Amber and Tiff . . .although I have 500 posts I NEED to be doing, but they have 500 pictures to go with them. . . and I'm just not in the mood.

Betcha Didn't Know . . . I haven't worn makeup or fixed my hair in 2 WHOLE DAYS!!! That is major around here. Our lives are so busy most every day we have somewhere to go . . . I often think we are the busiest homeschoolers out there. It is winter break around here which means no Wednesday night church (although I will miss seeing my church family). I had Bunco last night, but I had a terrible headache and stomachache. . . so I stayed home and sat on the sofa and read. . . Jon took ALL the kids to basketball practice.

Betcha Didn't Know. . . that I am already running low on K-cups. I got them for my Bible study girls. . . but I'm enjoying them waaayyyy too much myself when they aren't here.

Betcha Didn't Know . . . I'd so love to go on a skiing trip right now.

Betcha Didn't Know. . .we're broke as a joke and that ain't happenin' (just kidding. . . it's just super tight right now until a house sells or Jon finds a job. . . we're praising God for whatever He gives us)

Betcha Didn't Know . . . the family and I headed over to Sonic today for Happy Hour and I had a Cherry Limeade.

Betcha Didn't Know . . . that I am what my sister calls a "perfect little ball of insecurity". . . so I bought Beth Moore's "So Long Insecurity" and I'm participating in her online book club. I thought about posting my thoughts over here as well. . . however, I'm not that secure yet. . .hee!hee!

Betcha Didn't Know . . . that although I'm a size 2 I struggle with my weight ALOT. . . certainly more than I voice. . .I'm constantly critiquing my body. In the last year I've put on around 10 lbs and it drives me insane. However, if I want to run marathons I have to eat in order to have the energy. . . so the tradeoff is worth it. . . although I need to not use running as an excuse to eat. . . I need to be more mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth. I don't say these things very often to people b/c I don't ever want to sound like I'm "fishing", you know, "fishing for a compliment". My running friend soooo gets this about me. . . she understands, as she is the same way. . .so it really helps to have someone out there who "gets it" and you can freely talk about your issues with. . . I'm sure its part of this whole insecurity thing.

Betcha Didn't Know .. . I have started doing Jillian's "Shred" workout. It is TOUGH!!! Trust me, it is easier to run 26.2 miles. It is an awesome workout!!!!

Betcha Didn't Know. . . I looked at our gas bill and it was $286 (sorry Tiff, I told you wrong). I FREAKED out!!! So. . . I went and turned the heat from 70 degrees to 60 degrees. . . later that evening I turned the heat up to 65 degrees. I could no longer stand the cold. . . when Jon got home. . . he said we were going to keep the house warm. . . so back up to 70 degrees the heat went.

Betcha Didn't Know . . . that I'm ending this post, going to call the girls to get out of the bathtub. . . go downstairs and fix apple chicken, wild rice, salad, and banana bread for dinner. I'm going to have my buddy, Glenn Beck, on in the background and see what he has to say today.






4 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Michele! Thanks for saying hi on my blog - that was cool to hear from someone that's doing the book, too! I like your blog - so cute. We seem to have some things in common - I like to run (ran my first half in Oct.) and I love to work out. Jillian's 30 day shred video is one of my favs. :>) I know you don't want compliments but I have to say that you are SO beautiful! Have a great night!

Tiffani said...

girl, I've always got a bazillion posts swirling (with pics) and yet they never seem to "make" it to the blog!

why is natural gas so bloody expensive??!!! GRR! Our thermostat stays on 65*!!

You reminded me about happy hour..I need to do that w/ my kiddos.

I just knew you were gonna say you were going to get the leg quarters out of the oven ;)

Amber said...

I'm so glad that you played!!!!!!!

Our electric bill was $300 this month and I about choked. But...what are you going to do????

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sonic. That sounds SO good right now.

livinginbetween said...

Hey, girl. Thanks for stopping by my blog -- it's nice to meet you! This Insecurity book has been an eye-opener/soul-opener.

I cracked up at your thermostat post. I did the exact same thing when I saw my electric bill last month -- and my hubby did the same as yours. :)

Also looked at your profile. Great minds, you know . . .