Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What One Mom Can Get Accomplished While Getting an Oil Change

1. Cleaned out purse . . . that has so much trash in it . . . I literally filled up a small wastebasket.



2. Returned 4 phone calls. Three were business related and one was personal. Shew . . . don't you hate it when you have returning phone calls hanging over your head? I love talking to my friends and returning their calls. . . but business calls related to real estate . . . I don't love so much.



3. Made an invite list to a monogram party I'm having at the end of July.



4. Made an invite list to Alec's birthday party.



5. Made list of things needed for Alec's birthday party.



6. Talked to my Mom.



7. Found receipt for some of the light fixtures I bought for the house.



8. Cleared out all of my voice mails that needed deleted and saving.



9. Relistened and resaved a voicemail from my sweet niece, Noelle, saying, "Aunt 'Chele, it's Noelle. We're at a friend's house. Call me back. Love you." I love that girl! She loves the phone . . . .like her Aunt 'Chele.



10. Put all of the echinacea pills back into the bottle that had spilled in my purse. This herb is great. If I ever feel like I'm getting sick, I take some and it really helps to ward off sicknesses.



11. Let Hanna have the change out of my purse . . . on one condition. . . that she doesn't ask me to take her anywhere to spend it.



All of these are such little things . . . but all of them together make a lot . . . my head feels much clearer now.

7 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

I feel so accomplished just reading this!

I love fits of energy/activity. I need to get smacked by one about now seeing as I'm having a houseful of boys in several hours for a party.

Have I iced the cake? No. Have I planned party games? No. Do I have juice and or snacks? No and no.

Anonymous said...

Way to muliti-task! I certainly could use your organization and list skills this week! Can you work me in?

suz said...

I feel so good when I clean out my purse...I always find those appointment cards that I need to write down the dates in my calendar. I usually have more money than I thought I did and usually a purse full of trash that Madeline has put in there when I wasn't looking...

really.truly said...

I think I need to make an oil change...you got so much done!
I need something like that to make me sit still with no distractions! Just having your purse cleaned out is a great feeling!!

Amber said...

Girl...how long was that oil change anyway?!

Lorrie said...

That's really cute. It's multi-tasking at it's finest.

Tiffani said...

Girl, that IS a lot!!!

There's nothing better than getting a purse cleaned out!!! I love that feeling!

I loved the condition you gave Hanna..I want to do that EVERY time my kids get money! :)