- coffee - I drink 4 to 5 cups per day. My doctor has just informed me that I've got to cut back. So far I've been very noncompliant. I really haven't even tried. I have a friend who told me she'd keep me accountable . . . but, I haven't aggressively pursued it . . . I just don't want to give it up. Maybe when I get back from vacation?
- blogging - for any of you reading this that blog yourself . . . 'nuff said.
- reading - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to read. Thankfully we've been working on our house, but it is almost finished. I hope to resume my love of reading very soon.
- scrapbooking - I started out the year with a bang . . . but I'm behind . . . starting with the month of March . . . but I refuse to let it discourage me. . . I will hop on that train again . . . one day soon.
- running - I just frankly love to sweat . . . makes my pores feel clean . . . weird, I know. . . but Jon says the same thing . . . so at least I'm not weird all by myself. I love the way running makes me feel.
- approval - yep, I hated typing that one. But, it is what it is. I really like for everyone to like me . . .and my feelings are hurt if they don't. . . I'm breaking free of it though . . . and it all started with that confrontational real estate call I had a few weeks back . . . doesn't even bother me that girl doesn't care for me.
Enough of that . . . the list could really go on and on . . . but I wanted to share my newest addiction - COUPONS!! Oh me, oh my. I've been playing the coupon game for a few weeks now. My friend, Stephanie, taught me how to do it. I've been saving money but it wasn't until this week that I actually met my goal . . . to save more than I spend. Ready for the outcome?
I got $236 worth of groceries for $85. Can you believe that? I literally got enough to feed a small army. I bought 18 packs of hot dogs!!!! Why, you ask? Well, Alec's birthday party is coming up in a few weeks. Now, we're not having THAT many people here . . but once the house is finished I do want to have several get togethers . . . and hot dogs are just great for the kids. With my coupons plus the sales, they were just cheap enough to go ahead and stock up. Here are some of my other deals.
- 4 pints of Starbucks ice cream . . . know what I paid? I didn't!! They actually paid me $.80. I have no idea what I'm going to do with these because I could take or leave ice cream. It doesn't temp me. Jon is the ice cream fan . . . but he doesn't like coffee. He's already tasted one. Gifts maybe?
- Mrs. Edwards sliced pie (individual slices) - $0.29. Oh WOW! I really don't want this poison in my house (ha!ha!). . . by my FIL loves Key Lime . . . so I stocked up for him. I did keep a few for the family though.
- 2 jars of spaghetti sauce for $0.01 . . . even though I'm sick of spaghetti I couldn't pass this deal up.
I have actually hated grocery shopping for a long time. I've always said I spend too much money and have absolutely no fun doing. Now with this coupon game . . . I can't wait until I go grocery shopping again!!! For any of you who are interested in playing with me go to http://www.couponmom.com/. She explains how to play very thoroughly.
Jon and I have put ourselves on a really tight budget. We have some things that need to be paid off and . . . we really want a golf cart. I think we are probably the only people in our neighborhood that doesn't have one. But. . .we want to be wise and frugal and just put it off until we have some debt paid off. That means . . . no new clothes, shoes, or accessories for Mama in High Heels right now *wink*wink*.
8 comments:
I played the Grocery Game for awhile, but the stores I used most often weren't included so that didn't work well. I've been a coupon clipper for the year we've lived here and it's amazing how much you can save. I've never tried couponmom.com. I think I'll look into that after we move. It will be even more fun if friends are doing it, too!
I share many of your same addictions. Except for the running. I wish I could get addicted to running. But we've discussed this.
Wow...impressive! I too have some confessions I should make. Try the sugar free cocoa to replace some of the coffee...I am not a hot tea drinker but the cocoa helps...I am pregnant and limit myself to my one cup of Joe a day!
Oh yes, I share a few of these with you...NOT running and NOT coffee (I love it but it's not an addiction)...but the others..help me!
So, I am ITCHING to get on this coupon bandwagon but my life just isn't allowing it at the moment!! I can't WAIT to get in there and get it all figured out though...I'm so excited about all of your deals, girl! That's insane!
Love you!!!!
I love coffee too!! Sometimes I will make a half herbal/half regular coffee(might be a good alternative). Iced coffee in the summer...yummy.
I'm amazed at your coupon savings! I'll be checking that site out. We want a golf cart too!!
Michele,
I noticed you enjoy the art of saving money, so I wanted to quickly tell you about my website BOGOfetcher.com:
You can get local BOGO (Buy One, Get One) deals emailed to you weekly from www.BOGOfetcher.com! Over 90 nearby grocery stores, more than 15 neighborhood pharmacies, plus the shoe stores, fast food and other places you already shop have amazing bargains you can receive weekly, at no cost. No personal info is required other than your email address, city and state so we can send you the BOGOs in your area. You can even do a local search without signing up using the “Find BOGOs” tab! After that the BOGO's will begin to roll in. And simply unsubscribe if you’re not satisfied. http://bogofetcher.com/
I am so addicted to the coupon game too! It is really so much fun! What grocery store did you shop at? Or did you have to go to multiple stores?
I love those Edwards individual pies. Sure wish I was coming to Ga. soon. It would be like that time when you got all that cookie dough from the co-op.
Coupons are just good stuff.
I wish I lived in a town that had stores that are coupongame friendly, but I don't. But, I still use my coupons when I can.
Your deal?! AWESOME!!!!
Post a Comment