Monday, June 15, 2009

My Week with 5 Kiddibos

The week before last my 2 sweet nephews came up and spent the whole week with us. Man, I sure do love these boys. In fact, last week, then they had gone home . . . I would count the kids and when I only came up with 3 . . . I really missed them. I felt a little empty. Here is what 1 gal does when she has 5 kiddos.

We spent lots of time at the pool. . .

Eating snacks . . .
Doing tricks on the diving board. . . .







Yes, even Mamas/Aunts can have fun and join in on the diving board fun!!

The kids made movies together. Alec grossed up their faces with sharpie marker to look like blood.
We had a "Make your own Pizza" night. . .







We tie-dyed T-shirts . . .
Gigi and I split up time. When they were at her house they played in the tree house, went to the park, and ate junk food.
Man. . . life with 5 kids sure is fun . . . and tiring!!! My kids get so excited because I buy junk food when the nephews/nieces come into town. I bought kool-aid drinks to take to the pool rather than water. After all . . . I want to be a cool aunt. I can't wait to see the boys again!!!

5 comments:

Lorrie said...

What a great post. I can't wait for summer round here. It's June Gloom (lots of clouds...and I can't wait.)
Blessings.

Tiffani said...

It is definitely tiring coming up with activities to keep everyone smiling and the grumpies away!

Your tankini is so cute!

I know the boys enjoyed their time with y'all--they needed it! ;)

Amber said...

I love it when my sister's kids come to my house for a visit, but you are right...it is exhausting!!

Looks like you guys had a great time!!

And you are SO a cool aunt/mom!!

Carpool Queen said...

Sharpies!?!?!? On the face??? Oh you ARE a cool aunt.

really.truly said...

Fun! I would love to have 5 kids. We love hanging with the cousins too. Cousins, the pool, some junk food...summer fun!