This was the FIRST time EVER Ashley has gone to any camp. She went to soccer camp . . . and I dropped her off. . . which is amazing . . . and what's even more amazing is she survived and was safe and not emotionally scarred that her Mom wasn't there on the sidelines for 3 hours in very hot 95+ degree weather, . . . amazing I tell ya! Can you tell I have control issues when it comes to my kids?
This was the FIRST time EVER I fell asleep while listening to my baby read books to me. Yes, Hanna read her first books this week . . . and she loves it . . . and she wants more . . . and I love hear her reading to me . . . as I fell asleep. It made me actually feel like a little girl again when my Mom would read me a story and I'd fall asleep. I even thought as I drifted off to sleep, "Lord, I pray she will read to me when I am too old to read for myself."
This week Alec got his FIRST pimple. . . and he was excited . . . very excited. Meanwhile . . . I have one on my forehead that makes me look like Cyclops and I HATE it!!!
This week was the FIRST time Jon played 18 holes of golf in a long time. He played with his best friend, Stacy. He SOOO deserved it. He's been working so very hard on this house.
This was the FIRST time I'd spent some good girl time with my friend, Jennifer, in months. She is such a sweet and Godly woman. We always have the best conversations . . . deep and meaningful. We spur one another on in becoming more like Jesus. She also has great recipes.
This is the FIRST time we've seen Jon's Uncle Jerry in over a year. He was down for a short visit and came by. Talk about lots of energy? Whew! He's really a lot of fun to be around. Know another cool thing about him? He's Mark Richt (head coach of GA Bulldogs) former pastor and very good friend. He was trying to talk us into coming to New Orleans (where he and his family live) if GA goes to the Sugar Bowl this football season. I asked him if he thought he could get us to meet Mark Richt? How cool would that be?
6 comments:
So proud of Ash and Hanna!!
Hey, if Alec's happy so am I but I have a feeling that will fade w/ each pimple.
You forgot to mention if Jon survived playing golf in the HEAT! Whew!
Yay, for you and Jenn..she IS such a sweetie.
Of course, you asked Uncle Jerry about MR...you wouldn't be Bolderella if you didn't!? Sounds like a fun guy!
You forgot to mention that you got 'real' bangs for the first time in a LONG time...
Sounds like a big week!
And sounds like we need to see a bangs picture!
It's hard to let the kids go and let them have lives away from you. I sent mine into the grocery store alone this week for the first time.
It was bittersweet.
You are not controlling....just watchful or just like being with them:) I too am the same way.
Wonderful week of firsts!
Do show those bangs!
I'll send Alec my pimples. No problem.
And, I'm with Tiff...where exactly are those new bangs' pictures?!?!
I am so proud of Hanna. I can't wait for her to read me a book. I am glad that Ashley enjoyed soccer camp.It is always fun being with your friends. Tell Jon he can come play golf in my yard if he will come and help me paint.
We find enough golf balls in the yard everytime James cuts grass. Alec is growing up so fast. His pimples are just a part of his growing up. I am glad you had fun with your friends. I miss you and I love you. See ya later Mama
Post a Comment