Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rainwater Creek

A couple of weeks ago here in Georgia, we got a monsoon of rain. We peered out our window one afternoon and we had a little creek in our yard. We were so excited!!!!

I told the kids we had to name our little creek. Alec came up with Rainwater Creek.
I liked it since we only have it when it rains . . . makes sense?!?
The girls had to go and out and explore.
I went on the porch, and it was at that point I realized the porch is covered (is that an indicator or what of how much we've been working and not sitting?). I can actually sit outside while it rains . . .and not get wet.
I've always told Jon in our final house I wanted a screened-in porch. The kind that gives you the feeling of being outside, yet not wet when it rains. I just love to listen to the rain. . . . it is very soothing and peaceful and calm. I even like thunderstorms (not heavy winds though).
When I went out onto the porch I realized this was just as good, if not better than a screened-in porch. I can watch my kids play in Rainwater Creek now and not have to even get wet!!!




3 comments:

Amber said...

Love your Rainwater Creek!!! Playing in the rain is the best! And moms not having to get wet while the children do it...even better!

Tiffani said...

Well, I know where to send my kids on the next rainy day!! :)

That looks like tons of fun and I agree a front porch in the rain is good stuff!

A Joyful Chaos said...

What a sweet post. There is almost nothing as fun as playing in a rainwater creek!