Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Our Biggest Laugh of the Year

Okay, so when you finish reading this post, please don't think we are horrible people.

Last Sunday we were at Jon's parents' house hanging out for the last day my nephews would be here. They have this amazing tree house with a zipline that goes from the tree house to another tree. Gigi wanted the kids to have another zipline so she had someone come and build this separate from the treehouse. . .

The kids were so excited. Now they have 2 ziplines to get on. After the kiddos tried it out, Jon gave it a go. I so wanted to get on that thing. . . but I still had on my white pants from church. . . and you know, Mama in High Heels, ain't gettin' her white pants dirtied up.

I told Gigi she needed to do it. I started chanting, "Gigi, Gigi, Gigi." The kids joined in with me. Gigi gave in. After she set off from the tree stand she got really close to another tree. I screamed. She started panicking and fell to the ground. Half of her pants came down. Jon and I could NOT stop laughing. Y'all we were laughing so hard, we didn't even ask her if she was okay.

Aren't we horrible?!?

After we were finished with our make-your-belly hurt so hard, can't hear anything coming out laughter, we asked her if she was alright.

She said her foot was a little sore . . . she's so faking it in this picture, but I had to visually document this moment.

The next day she call us to tell us . . . her foot is broken. . . she has a hairline fracture. OH.MY.WORD. we felt awful . . . but we did thank her for a good laugh. Does that make us a little bit better people?


3 comments:

Nancy said...

Hey, a funny moment is a funny moment!!! I would have laughed
hysterically also! Hope her foot is feeling better soon.:)

Amber said...

I would have been on the ground laughing, too! Girl...I lose all compassion when someone is midst-humilation. Terrible personality flaw.

SO sorry about her foot. Yikes.

Carpool Queen said...

I might have giggled. Especially about the pants falling off.