I grew up going to the lake camping, and I loved it!!! There is something about camping I like. I LOVE being outdoors. I love that there are no electronic distractions. I love spending time with those I love.
So, when Ash was invited to what I am now calling,"The Best Birthday Party Ever," I was quite excited about this one. It was called Camp Runamuck. My friend, Suzanne, was chief of this camp and she did a FANTASTIC job!! Boo Boo is one lucky girl to have a mom that will throw a party like this one.
The girls were divided up into 3 teams . . .blue, pink, green. They played games. They decorated picture frames. They decorated pillow cases. I actually dropped Ashley off, took Alec to guitar, took Alec back home, then came back. I was one of the lucky ones and I got to camp out with the girls. Truth-be-known . .. it made Ash feel better (she doesn't like to spend the night off away from home) to have me there. Suzanne was so sweet to let me crash the campout!
We went on a scavenger hunt that night around their neighborhood. I was in charge of the pink team. Yay pink!!! We had our flashlights, and the items we found were actually items for the goody bags. How cool is that?
We got back to camp and made smores. My sweet girl made one for me. . . and I didn't even ask her to. . .
The girls all decided what tent they were sleeping in and who was sleeping in the tent.Here are me and my chatty campers. They were the last ones to stop talking.
6 comments:
Oh...I love it! Good for you mommy....trying something new and out of the norm!!! My angels are 8 months...but I know these days are ahead....praying I have the strength and courage as you do!!!
This mom doesn't camp. Unless it's a Holiday Inn Express.
Looks like fun!
I LOVE CAMPING!!
This looks like a total blast of nothing but fun!! So happy you opted for the tent :)
We love camping too, but decided at our age tents are no longer an option so we moved up the camping chain to a fifth wheel. Interesting party for those girls and glad they had fun. We did something like that a few years back for my son and all his friends. They barely slept because they were having to much fun.
That looks like such fun. I'm not a camper either..though I'm being persuaded by some local friends. Bugs, snakes and such...ewww.
What an awesome party idea!!!!!
So cool!!!
And I'm with you! For all my prissy ways, I LOVE CAMPING!!! So much fun!!!!
Post a Comment