Sunday, June 14, 2009

If you were inside my brain . . .

these are the thoughts you'd see . . .

. . . I'm hoping my bloggy funkaroo is over. I've really missed reading blogs and blogging itself. There's just been other things going on and I haven't made any time for blogging. Work has kept me pretty busy and when I get a chance to get off this computer . . . I'm gone. . . . hopefully though I'll be back in full swing tomorrow.

. . . The kids finished VBS this week and it was a huge success. They had so much fun, and I'm glad that I sent them. I'm still lonesome for a church family, and I can't wait until we know definitely know where God is leading us.

. . . Still studying Daniel. This week it is chapter 9. I'm learning so much, but this past week I've not been in the Word very much . . . that's probably why my heart feels a little empty.

. . . Jon and I are still talking about June Jam (post later in the week) . . . about how much fun we had.

. . . The kids spent the weekend with my mom. We went and got them this afternoon. Ash and Jon went and played soccer with some friends. Alec and Hanna watched, "Kit." I took a nap. We had tacos for dinner and played charades on the deck tonight. It was fun.

. . . I'm so excited about the rocking chairs I got for my front porch. I only have 3 right now and 1 doesn't rock right. I've got to take it back and get 1 more.

. . . Hopefully next week I will do a "Big Reveal" on my blog of all of the before/after changes of the house. We have one more room to do . . . the dining room. . . I'm putting extra pressure on Jon to have it finished by the end of the week. Something very exciting is happening next Tuesday (more to come) and I am hoping and praying the downstairs will be close to being finished.

. . . Alec has finished a whole month of guitar lessons. He's loving it and so am I. Our friend, Barry, is teaching him. Barry is a wonderful teacher and Alec has learned so much. I love it because I get to hang out with Stephanie every Monday night. She is so very funny. When I'm with her I feel very young.

. . . I need to make an appointment this week with a primary physician. I don't have one. Is that weird? My only doctor is my GYN who is an hour away. My back has been hurting me and I know my gynecologist can't help me with that problem. So, I'm going to find a local doctor.

. .. I filled up my car for $70 and bought 2 weeks' worth of groceries. I am refusing to spend any money at all until 2 weeks from last Friday. Jon has got us on a pretty strict budget . . . and I'm excited about it. . . how weird is that?

. .. I'm so itching to read a good book. I haven't read any this summer, which is a total bummer!! Next week the kids are starting back to school. We took a good long break when we were moving. Hopefully we'll get alot accomplished before we go on vacation.

. . . We are loving the pool we joined this year. I'm having a blast hanging out with my friends there. The added bonus is the kids are too!!

3 comments:

really.truly said...

Lots going on in that brain of yours...I call that "mom brain". It's like our own little journal and planner in one! Exhausting huh?

Lots of fun things going on over your way. I'm excited for the pictures...the reveal...all that fun stuff! Have a great Monday!

Amber said...

Ooooohhhhh....can't wait to see pictures of the remodel!!!! :)

And I'm tired just reading about all that is going on with you!! Don't forget to breathe, girl.

Tiffani said...

I agree with Mims..lots going on up in the old Noggin, my friend! :) Of course, is there ever NOT anything goin' on in a Mama's brain?! Nope!

Can't wait for updates on your thoughts and big reveals and such!

Miss and Love you!