Hanna, my baaabbbyyy, as I call her, is my super shy child. She is really the shyest child, maybe even person, I know. So much like her Daddy that Hanna is. Last year she played soccer 'cause her big sister did and all. When she would run away from the ball I knew being on the soccer field was not this girl's thing. . . . after all, she is my priss pot.
I told her I was going to enroll her in ballet. She freaked out. I knew she'd love it if I could just convince her to go. I told her we'd do it until Christmas and if she hated it we'd drop out.
She loved it. However, there was one moment that gave Jon and I butterflies in our stomachs . . . recital . . . arggghhh!!! Now when Ashley took ballet this was her THING. She (in her best 4-year-old voice) "wuvveed bein' on da stage." She just didn't like the practices. But Ash is also our outgoing extrovert (I'll give you one guess where she gets this from).
Oh, but Hanna, poor, sweet, little Hanna. . . she is so shy some people may consider her rude. When others talk to her, she doesn't respond . . . she just looks down. She has a hard time looking those in the eye that she doesn't know well. Even to talk to me about things that are bothering her I have to drag them out of her. Again, she is just super shy.
Jon and I both were anxious the day of her recital. Now I am one of those control freak mamas who has to be involved in every.single.detail of my kiddos life. When Ash took ballet I was backstage with her at all times (unless she was performing). However, I knew if I went back there with Hanna she'd cling to me for dear life when it came time to perform on stage. I sent her backstage WITHOUT me!!! I do believe I deserve a medal for this *wink*wink*. Huge step in this control freak mama's life . . . huge I'm tellin' ya!!
I took her backstage to get her dressed . . .
Here are some pictures just 'cause Hanna's so super cute!! The theme to the recital was Broadway Tunes.
This is my favorite. Hanna so hammed it up! I was so excited. I know her little tummy was probably a bundle of nerves . . . but she did fantastic. I was so teary eyed watching her in the audience. . . so proud of her . . .
At the end when we went to pick her up, Hanna ran to Jon, jumped in his arms and said, "I want you." She knows she is like her Daddy . . . only those 2 can truly understand the ordeal she had just gone through . . . conquering those shy-girl nerves. She knows I will be full of words, enthusiasm, and hugs . . . but she didn't need that . . . . she needed someone who "gets" her . . . that someone being her sweet Daddy. Such a sweet moment!!!
5 comments:
So cute!!! :) Thanks for sharing!
What a precious tiny dancer!
My daughter's more like JuJu: She thinks the world is her stage and was all about the recital.
She took a year off of dance to take gymnastics with her brother but I think she's decided she wants to take again when we move.
Oh, that brought back memories. I was a shy girl just like Hanna. I'm in awe that she got up onstage and performed...that is awesome. I bet she felt butterflies after being up there,so proud...what a brave thing:) Adorable.
What a big day for Miss Hanna Boo!!
I'm so proud of her!
It's so exciting that she and JuJu got to have this memory together!!
I have a Hanna at my house. A leg hugger and a body climber for sure.
But, baseball fields turn him into a performer. Like Hanna's stage.
So glad that she pressed through and made it! Good for her!!!!
And how cute are she and JuJu?! :)
Post a Comment