Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day - Part 2

Whew. . . that last post was certainly a heavy one. I appreciate all of your sweet comments. All of your words lifted my spirit and encouraged me so very much. I actually meant to post this one on the very same day. However, my baby got sick . . . and we all know when our babies are sick, they want their mamas. With that being said . . . here is the positive, much lighter side to Father's Day.

Jon is not only an amazing husband, but he is one heck of a Daddy. He brings so much fun to our family. He is strong, smart, brave, and very, very loving. If I haven't said it once, I've said it a million times . . . I don't deserve this guy . . . he is living, breathing, walking proof of God's grace over my life.

Father's Day actually started one day earlier for him. He and Alec went to Atlanta Fest and saw Family Force Five and Casting Crowns. I was so super excited when I got a picture text from Jon of Casting Crowns singing. The drummer for this band is actually the middle school minister at one of the churches we've visited . . . pretty cool, huh? The boys had a GREAT time.

Meanwhile, back here on the home front, Mama in High Heels was working on a little Father's Day surprise. Jon had already picked out a few shirts from the kids and I . . . but I LOVE surprises . . . and certainly the love of my life deserved one on a day that was set aside to honor him. Our garage is AWFUL!! You CANNOT walk in it without stepping on something. It is actually a very nice garage for someone with lots of tools (like Jon). But, with all the work he's been doing on our house things just get thrown in there haphazardly. I worked for 3 hard, sweaty hours . . . and still didn't get it as clean as I wanted . . . but Jon loved it . . . and that was my goal. You can actually walk out there now . . . and when we get our new garage doors installed (hopefully soon) my Noah's Ark will fit.

Sunday morning we woke up, laid around, got ready and went to church. We then went to Jon's parents' house, ate, and played. We started out by all surrounding the computer and watching Tim Hawkins videos. If you don't know who this guy is, he is so funny. Check him out on God Tube or You Tube.



This is my sister-in-law, Holly. I prefer to call her my sister . . . 'cause she really is my big sister. I love her just like I would a big sister. Isn't she beautiful? I think my Hanna looks just like her . . . uh, oh. .. I'd better start now preparing to ward the boys off for the teenage years.
We then went on the zip line. Shoot . . . I'd worn my white pants again. But, in honor my hubby on Father's Day, he and the kids really wanted me to try it out. . . I couldn't be a rotten apple about it . . . so here I go . . .

(No, those are not monkey feet . . . they are mine . . . horrible, huh?)


Hanna gave it a go . . . total priss pot . . . like her Mama . . . in her dress and all . . .


Here is Ash. This girl changed out of her Sunday clothes into her play clothes while still in the car riding home from church.


Alec and Holly decided to chill out in the blazing heat . . . while we zipped.


You know Big Daddy was going to give it a go. . .


Here are the girls and Gigi . . . Her foot is MUCH better.

The highlight in all of this was Jon's Dad wanted to get on it. He is still pretty weak from all the medicine and such he was on. He's lost LOTS of weight because he lost his taste for awhile. But, the fact that he was going to give it a go . . . and it was his idea . . . was HUGE, HUGE progress. He is the type of Daddy this side of heaven that every girl dreams of. He is such an awesome, awesome man of God. He went to climb up the stand . . . and stumbled . . . and fell. My heart broke for him. He cut his arm and hit his side. His legs are just too weak to get up there. I felt so very, very sorry for him. But, I'm going to look at this glass half full. . . he wanted to get up there and give it a go . . . and that is HUGE!
We came back home . . . Jon and I took a nap . . . we watched the U.S open and pulled for our favorite golfer, Phil Mickelson. We ordered pizza . . . and then Stephanie and Barry stopped by and hung out for awhile.
I am so very honored and humbled and grateful to be married to an amazing man like Jon. I'm even more grateful that my children have a Daddy who loves their mom, who loves them, and who loves the Lord.












6 comments:

Christy Laster said...

oh, what a happy ending it was!! :D

Anonymous said...

Now that's a fun day!! Thanks for sharing!

Faith said...

What a wonderful tribute to Jon and your father-in-law! I think Jon is pretty blessed to have you too!

Love ya, girl!

Tiffani said...

What a fun fun day!!

I'm so thankful that you have someone like Jon...I know he is a gift to you (his Daddy too)

Holly looks great and that first picture? Hanna looks SOOO grown-y and big and of course, beautiful!

Amber said...

So glad that you have such special men in your life.

And what a fun day!!! And good for you for zipping with the white pants!! Way to take one for the team!!!

Nancy said...

Blog award for you at my place :)