I haven't forgotten about blogging. It seems when I am the busiest, blogging is put to the side. I have oh.so.much to blog about . . .as normal. However. . .
Right now, it is 6:00 a.m. and I AM NOT WORKING, which is what (Mon-Sat) I am always doing. While I'm on the subject of work, for the last 3 years or so I have HATED, DESPISED, and all the other words that go along with those, my job. I dare even say at times I've even been bitter about working. However, as the Lord has given and taken away and given again, my heart has changed. . . I'm actually liking working. I tell Jon that often. I have great bosses (I have 2 typing jobs). The dictators are great and I'm grateful. I think it is our degree of gratefulness that makes a difference in our attitudes towards the things we do or have to do. Even Tuesday as we had lunch with Granddaddy he was thinking about his mother (who is in her 90s and still living). The thing that he admired and thought of her the most was her hard work for her family. Now, I know I'm not on a farm picking cotton or tobacco as she was . . . however my candle does burn at both ends of the night . . . and if this causes my children and husband to "rise up and call me blessed" then I'm grateful. If it doesn't, then I'm grateful as well. Hard work was always stressed in my family, and the fact that for 3 years I HATED it and probably at times made my family miserable with my attitude about my job. . . I'm ashamed of. Praise God for his glorious grace and for Him sanctifying me through and through.
Sorry, I got sidetracked. This is NOT what this post is about. I'm not working, but what I am doing is listening to Veggie Tales. .. WOW! It's been awhile since I've heard that catchy tune playing. . . with an 8, 11, and 14 year old in the house that show no longer captures their attention. I'm here at my little sister's house. .. .3 hours from home. .. . keeping my precious niece Emory. Oh she makes my heart smile. She is adorable, and I'm so thankful to be here keeping her. Kristen has had her 2nd baby. . . Emmett . .. and he is adorable. I think adorable runs in our genes (along with cellulite, but we'll focus on the positives right now, K?) We've come here to keep Emory and do whatever in the world Kristen needs me to do while she is in the hospital. I'm grateful. Pictures WILL be coming SOON! For now, though, I'd better run. Emory is doing the sign (they are teaching her sign language) for "more". . . I think that means she wants breakfast. And, when she takes her nap and I run on the treadmill I will now be singing the song "because I love my duck . .. ." The good 'ole days of "Veggie Tales".
With a grateful heart,
Michele
1 comment:
i creeped on facebook and saw some pictures. SO CUTE!! i'm so glad you got to spend some time getting some babylove. i love your blog and i love you!
Post a Comment