1. I rediscovered I really do like the latest fashions. For about 2 plus years now, really since reading "Radical", followed by "Crazy Love", preparing for my first mission trip and going, I was so very convicted about excess. So, when I did need clothes I have shopped only at thrift stores. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I'ver never been a "brand-name" girl. I've always been a Bargain Betty even in my most fashionista of days. However, over the last 2+ years things like fashion haven't been as important to me. All that is good, very good. However, with the change of the seasons I went the other day to a few stores around town. There were lots of clearance sales and the clothing was oh, so, cute . . .and not dated. So, I splurged on my self a little bit. . . spending anywhere between $3 and $11. I got a skirt, a dress, and 5 shirts. I did feel a tinge of guilt.. . but I think that was from myself. . . which there are times when I have tendencies to walk in guilt. Now, if there was someone in my life who was in need and I went shopping rather than helping them out then there is something wrong with that. . . something terribly, terribly wrong with that. However, is there something wrong with me splurging on myself a little with clearance sales? Still trying to figure that one out. However, on a lighter and much less serious note. . I did discover/rediscover how much I really do like cute clothes and putting them on and feeling pretty. Very fun!
2. I discovered just how much I like nachos with cheese. I kept trying to demonstrate to Hanna how NOT to get it all over your face (which hers was covered). It was really just an attempt to get to eat more and more of the nachos.

3. I rediscovered just how much I LOVE watching this girl on the soccer field, how much I love being a soccer mom, how I love the fire Ash has in her. . .her tenacity, her grace, her encouraging her other team mates.


4. I discovered that Ash tilts her head to the side just like her mama when posing for a picture. 'Cept I tilt to the other side.

5. I discovered just I don't mind being apart of the "peanut gallery" and sitting with the opposing team. We got a MUCH BETTER VIEW of the field that way.

6. I discovered that at art and craft fairs that I don't buy anything because everything I see I say to myself (and sometimes out loud) "I can make that."

7. I rediscovered just how much I like chocolate chips. I used to keep a bag in teh pantry and I'd sneak 1, 2, or 30 to get my chocolate "fix" taken care of. I bought some chocolate chips for next week when we will have Faith's kids over for a few nights so the girls could make cookies. Confession - HALF the bag is gone because I rediscovered how yummy these morsels are. Gotta go and buy some more before Wednesday.
8. I rediscovered it's okay to give myself grace. This morning I was so sleepy while working. I worked for about 2 hours, and then at 7:00 a.m. crawled back into bed and slept until 9:15. I can probably count on one hand how many times my kids have gotten out of teh bed and found me still in it. It was absolutely lovely.
9. I discovered that reduced fat cinnamon rolls only have 130 calories WITH the icing. So, I treated myself to one for breakfast this morning.
10. I rediscovered just how much I do love small towns. In a perfect world my dream would be to be a teacher (probably high school 'cause I love teenagers) in a small town, my kids go to school, and us be super-involved in the school and community. . . especially high school football. Seeing the band and majorettes today at the parade took my mind back down memory lane. Oh, I'm actually one of those girls that loved high school. Granted, I made MANY mistakes, some I really wish I could get do-overs with. . . but, for the most part I really loved high school. However, I'm grateful to be at home and homeschooling my babies.
11. I discovered I could learn so much from my dog. He always greets you like he hasn't seen you in decades. He doesn't pout because we don't play with him enough, give him enough attention, or walk him enough. . . but boy when we do he is so giddy. We never get on his nerves and he loves being with us.
12. I rediscovered just how much I love outside, live bands playing oldies. We walked past one today and they were playing "China Grove". . . oh, oh, "China Grove". . . oh, how I just wanted to pull up a chair, hang out, and listen to the live music (nothing distasteful though - if "China Grove" is distasteful I didn't know it and I'm sorry. . . just remembering hearing it on 8-tracks when I was a kiddo).
1 comment:
Fun post! I enjoyed reading it. Do tell me about these cinnamon rolls?! Where would I find these delights??
-Jess
Post a Comment