Thursday, September 15, 2011

If You are What You Eat- Then What Does my Fridge Say About Me???

Because I think Edie is a ton of fun and I think I want to be her when I grow up, I decided to just forgo the embarrassment of my refrigerator and join her "what my fridge taught me" post.

Although I wish I had the cutesy writing over the food in the fridge. . . we'll have to settle for my commentary instead.

So, let's just say first things first. . . I'm very embarrassed about how the fridge looks and it is in desperate need of cleaning.

But, we, at this house, eat real butter, which that would explain those dimples in my hiney and the backs of my upper thighs.

Also, we love leftovers because I CAN'T STAND TO WASTE. Seriously. . .. read my last post about what I had for a snack. 'Nuff said. Just with all the hungry people in the world I can't stand to throw food away.

Also the crisper is full of lettuce because I happen to like rabbit food, and when I feed my family salads it makes me feel less guilty about the boxed, processed mac and cheese I give them along side it.

Lactaid. . . you see that. . . that's 'cause the baby has a smiggin' of a lactose allergy. . . so Alec, the big milk drinker in the family has to suffer through the Lactaid milk.

You see all the eggs? Ash and Alec aren't egg people. . . however, but the rest of us love 'em, especially my friend, Jackie's farm fresh eggs. She's spoiled me. I no longer like the taste of the grocery store eggs.

See the mustard with the blue top? I think that is the top to the mayo. What does that say about me? I'm scattered, disorganized, and cluttered, but I once heard that those who had clean houses were boring people. . . well, that quote stuck in my head. . . so in all efforts NOT to be boring I decided to carry that quote over to my fridge too :)

Multiple bottles of ketchup? Because it has high fructose corn syrup and when I'm giving up sugar it makes me feel like I'm having dessert, but the tops are messy. . . sigh. . .

See all the Rubbermaid tupperware that the leftovers are in? Courtesy of my mom. . . because she IS so organized and clean and on top of things. . . .and she gives me a new box of Rubbermaid tupperware every.single.year for Christmas. Oh, but, wait! She's lots of fun too. Does that mean I have to rethink my whole excuse as to why I don't have a clean house/fridge?

Now, in an effort to have bloggy fun and do this post. . . I must go now. . . to clean my fridge. . . because I really am horridly embarrassed. Guess I'll go be boring!

No comments: