Wednesday, September 7, 2011

All While Nursing a Cold

It's been 10 days now . . . of hacking, of my abs being purely sore from all the coughing, of almost crying because everytime I laugh I cough. . . and I just want to laugh. . . and NOT cough.

I've tried Master Tonic, comfrey (2 of Ang's "potions", as I call them), Advil Cold & Sinus, cough drops, peppermints, ibuprofen, Claritin, and now I'm on a Z-PAK, hoping this will kick this cold out of my system.

Meanwhile, cold or no cold life continues. That's the thing about a cold. . . you still work, do school, chores, soccer. It doesn't put you out cold in the bed, but you are miserable all the while living life.. . . trying to have lots of energy and wanting to have fun. . . just coughing your lungs up while doing so. This has made me so grateful for good health. So, here's a little catchy up of what we've been doing.

I swept this pile of trash up in my downstairs. P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C. Don't judge me!

We've been loving watching the "Food Truck Race" on Food Network. On Thursdays Food Trucks come and park near Jon's work. We went up there and chose this one. We were disappointed because normally there are more to chose from. Oh well, just another excuse to go up there again and have lunch with him.





We then just sat ourselves right on the concrete and had us a pic-a-nic.






We were supposed to eat at a food truck that specializes in cupcakes. However, it wasn't there, so we went to this new cupcake bakery. They know Jon on a first-name basis now.



Hanna was pretty much wearing hers. . .like she does a lot of her food.


The red velvet was yum-o





I love the green icing on Ash's nose. The girl had mint chocolate. . . one of her faves.




I then took the kids to Centennial Park. Hanna has been asking forever to go here. The last time she had an upset stomach so we couldn't make it. After all, what's the harm? The park is free, right? NOT!!! I had to pay $10 to park my car!!! I was astounded!!! But the kids had a great time, so it was worth it.

Even the 14-year-old made the most of the park.


The kids loved these swirly things that twirled you around and around and around and around








Hanna was truly giddy with delight. She just loves the park. Poor thing, being the baby she missed out on the park more than the other 2 ever did. . . just like she missed out on library story time, McDonald's play dates. . . oh no, there I go with my list of mother guilt. . . moving on now.






Despite my cold and the heat making me cough all the more I tried to muster it up and play with the kids some. I tried the twirling thing. Seriously, I thought I was going to puke. And, it had NOTHING to do with the mess of hair I have.





Also, while nursing my cold I've started couponing again. Look what I got for $23!!!



Also, we cut this furry pooch. We got a before picture, but haven't snapped an "after" yet. Poor Cooks. He's just a good dog.



We also went to SSI and hung out there. It's so much more fun when you feel good. I had not run in a whole week, then went out for a 4-miler on Monday. I sweated more than ever, and Monday afternoon I was paying for it. I felt awful. My friend and running partner, Becky, sent me a text that said, "I'm thinking you've been sick for so long there might be a 4th little Hendrix." To which I replied, "If there was, I could have coughed the baby up by now." Nope, no other Hendrixes. . . just a cough that has been with me so long I feel like I've been pregnant with it.


I finished "The Help" tonight. It's so good. I can't wait to go and see the movie.


I got letters written to my friends in Guyana. Now, I just have to make sure I mail them and FOLLOW THROUGH!!! Following through is my biggest problem.


I'm really hoping to be back to feeling like myself tomorrow.

The family is at church. I didn't have the energy to muster up to get ready and go and hack up my lungs.


I think I'm going to go and read "Fox Fever". However, as good of a book as it is, and as much as I need to memorize the information it contains, I do so love an easy read. It calls my name much more than a book I've got to use my head with.

2 comments:

Jessica Booher said...

so sorry you've been puney feeling :( no.fun. although, that picnic was adorable. i love how jon just plopped down on the concrete in his nice clothes!! love.it. feel better sooooon!!! get rest and drink some good ole' H2O :)

Anonymous said...

Your kids are all grown up!!

Sorry you've felt so lousy!

I hope you get some relief soon.